• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap HID's

the kragens are fine if your east of the colorado river, if your out west, they wont cut if if you like going over 35mph.

hella or a reputable optic mfg, plus an HID kit, easy as pie.

I never knew guys were converting their Hella 500's to HID. I googled this earlier and was impressed with the feedback on the DDMtuning kits. I think i'm going to do this mod.

Anyone here done it already? Which "kit" did you use?

Yea, I wouldn't convert my headlights to HID, but for some driving or fog lights why not for the $? Aim them properly and use a pair when no one is on the road. Multiple for off roading where scatter is less important. I would love to do 4 500 driving on the rack with 55w hids and 2 fog/2 driving 500s 55w hids on my bumper. That would be nuts!

I never knew guys were converting their Hella 500's to HID. I googled this earlier and was impressed with the feedback on the DDMtuning kits. I think i'm going to do this mod.

Anyone here done it already? Which "kit" did you use?

used a bajahid h3 kit for my hella 500's. it's a great light with the HID's. ive sinse moved up to hella 4000's though, not that anythings wrong with the 500's, just a little small.

i'd rock the hella 500's over the kragen crap.

used a bajahid h3 kit for my hella 500's. it's a great light with the HID's. ive sinse moved up to hella 4000's though, not that anythings wrong with the 500's, just a little small.

i'd rock the hella 500's over the kragen crap.

OK, looking at both bajahid and DDMtunings kits i see they both come with a lifetime warranty, are available in 35 and 55w versions, and have color selection. What feature does the bajahid kits have over the DDMtuning that warrants a 66% higher price? Not being sarcastic here.. i'm uneducated in this regard.

Also, whats the color selection numbers mean? 4000k, 6000k, 8000k etc?

One more question. The DDMtuning has a lower priced Raptor kit, but it looks as though the bulbs wont insert into a Hella 500. Or does the outer surround come off to expose the H3 bulb?

Those numbers refer to the colors. The higher the number, the more blue the light. 4000k is yellow (for fog lights). 6000k is closest to sunlight. 8000k probably looks blue or purple.

Those numbers refer to the colors. The higher the number, the more blue the light. 4000k is yellow (for fog lights). 6000k is closest to sunlight. 8000k probably looks blue or purple.
correction

3000k is hilighter yellow
5000k is hyper white very little blue(often claimed to have the best light output)

Color%20chart.jpg

Here is my ZJ with 5000k
DSC03622.jpg

open your procomp lights and look at the bulb. the number should be stamped into the metal base of the bulb. most procomp housings use an H3 style bulb, but check to be sure.

OK, looking at both bajahid and DDMtunings kits i see they both come with a lifetime warranty, are available in 35 and 55w versions, and have color selection. What feature does the bajahid kits have over the DDMtuning that warrants a 66% higher price? Not being sarcastic here.. i'm uneducated in this regard.

thats a legitamate question. looking at the ddmtuning's ones, there doesnt seem to be anything that screams 'dont buy me', if you like the price buy em.

i pay around $80 thru bajahid (an active member on this site, who it seems is allways willing to meet me at kartek here in LA. meeting up is allways nice, no shipping and you get them TODAY).

When i first bought in (ive bought like 5-6 kits from tony now, all the jeeps in the family have hid headlights, and some have hid aux's), tony was WAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than the competition, so yes, loyalty is one of the main reasons i buy thru him.

he's also amazingly connectable, you can pm him on naxja, and he usually hits you back really quick....

thats a legitamate question. looking at the ddmtuning's ones, there doesnt seem to be anything that screams 'dont buy me', if you like the price buy em.

i pay around $80 thru bajahid (an active member on this site, who it seems is allways willing to meet me at kartek here in LA. meeting up is allways nice, no shipping and you get them TODAY).

When i first bought in (ive bought like 5-6 kits from tony now, all the jeeps in the family have hid headlights, and some have hid aux's), tony was WAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than the competition, so yes, loyalty is one of the main reasons i buy thru him.

he's also amazingly connectable, you can pm him on naxja, and he usually hits you back really quick....

OK, wasnt aware there was a NAXJA connection. Pm'd ya.

Scott, thanks for that color chart. Made my decision easy, i'll go with the 5000K or maybe 6000K. Oh, and nice 5.9, you have a build thread on that?

Last edited:
Scott, thanks for that color chart. Made my decision easy, i'll go with the 5000K or maybe 6000K. Oh, and nice 5.9, you have a build thread on that?
Nope, Pro comp 3" lift, 31"s, Nice Stereo, full 3" magnaflow exhaust.. and Hids.... Other then a Rear axle and transfercase swap, nothing else is planned.. the XJ is the parts hog, the ZJ is the gas hog... it equals out

its the wifes rig:jester:

Back