• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Moab run 2010! MAY 21 - 23

What weekend works best for you? You can pick more than one.

• Last weekend in April

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • First weekend in May

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • 2nd weekend in May

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 3rd weekend in May

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
I am going to try and go since it looks like I wont be able to go to Safari again this year. There is plenty of BLM camping (unimproved) in the area. I will be camping and anyone is welcome. Be warned, I tend to cut loose when I am in moab for some reason, so if you are looking for a quiet place to camp, my spot wont be it.

Haha I'm in if it doesn't cost anything. I like to sleep alone anyways cause I'm a snorer lol.

Hi guys. New to the forum and new to owning an XJ. I would love a weekend to break my.. I mean, break IN my ride and see what needs upgrading. Plus, my 8 year old daughter has been looking forward to seeing what can be done in the new ride as compared to my old S10 wheeler rigs.

Hey flingshot are you driving both XJ's down there? Im looking at trying to see If I can get it trailered down there, I just dont like the high millage I have and driving clear cross states with it and something happen. Other wise If I have to drive it, I think me and Ben are going to head down together.

I was thinking we should get a good convoy of us northern people headed that way If all our schedules link up. I'm probably gonna be taking that friday off and leave early in the morning. And realize I work grave yards so early is never too early for me!

I'm down to join a convoy! Yella or anyone else wanna convoy out? I don't know how to get there so ill need some sort of navigation

I'm down to join a convoy! Yella or anyone else wanna convoy out? I don't know how to get there so ill need some sort of navigation

There ya go Crimzon. :wave:
http://tinyurl.com/yjtndrq

Heading out in a group sounds good. If folks have radios it can make the trip go by much quicker.

It'd be pretty hard to get lost getting to Moab....... I-70 west 330 miles then turn south on Hwy 191 for 30 miles....... and you're there. :thumbup:

I'm fairly certain I'll be leaving that Thursday so I can wheel Fri/Sat/Sun.

I'm hoping there might be some interest in possibly a group of us leaving early Monday and hitting Billings or 21 Road on the way back....... If I bring the Truggy and not the '97.

I've already put in for the time off.

Unless you take the Cisco exit and follow the Colorado River down (my preferred route).

Which is much, MUCH prettier and highly recommended!!:clap:

Which is much, MUCH prettier and highly recommended!!:clap:

Indeed.... but it can be pretty easy to get lost that way if you're not paying attention. It can suck though if there's any bicycle events going on.... then it's super slow going.

Indeed.... but it can be pretty easy to get lost that way if you're not paying attention. It can suck though if there's any bicycle events going on.... then it's super slow going.

I got stuck in the canyon behind a herd of cattle one year on the way home... the 3 hour delay (spring break) caused us to get into Vail just as they closed the pass due to a snowstorm, had to stay over in one of the hoity toity resort hotels since it was the only room left in town -- housekeeping was fairly pissed about the red-mud-caked mountain bikes in the room... good times.:wave:

If i can talk my parents into going I'll be leaving from the centennial area, I'll know for sure if i can go when it gets closer to may. have to do some stuff to the heep before i'll deive it that far.

I still have to piece a t-case back together, weld up a frame brace, do something about death wobble.... I miss using my jeep, it's been parked since march.

If i can talk my parents into going I'll be leaving from the centennial area, I'll know for sure if i can go when it gets closer to may. have to do some stuff to the heep before i'll deive it that far.

Oh heck no...... no chaparones! :D

Oh heck no...... no chaparones! :D

"Aww c'mon ma....The guy coordinating this thing's a COP. The president is an ENGINEER, for Petes sake. Geeze, just a bunch of boring guys. What could go wrong?":laugh:

"Aww c'mon ma....The guy coordinating this thing's a COP. The president is an ENGINEER, for Petes sake. Geeze, just a bunch of boring guys. What could go wrong?":laugh:

Yeah, don't tell her about the other two....... It's the V.P. and Treasurer you gotta worry about.

:D

Ill know more the closer it gets. But more more than likely Ill be joining to head down there, as my grad present to myself, and the new lift on the jeep as well. I just got to see if I can find a way to trailer it down there. Because I really dont want to drive it across the country with 175,000 miles and have something blow up on me.

Ill know more the closer it gets. But more more than likely Ill be joining to head down there, as my grad present to myself, and the new lift on the jeep as well. I just got to see if I can find a way to trailer it down there. Because I really dont want to drive it across the country with 175,000 miles and have something blow up on me.
Dude its only about a 6 hour drive... and I'm sure your jeep will make it.

Back