• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Champion Radiator # 2 leaking...

As I posted earlier.... I did a lot of research on the aluminum radiator manufacturers and what problems if any others have had along with availability and customer service. That is why I decided to go with the Griffin for quality, customer service and reported problems.

No doubt about the Griffin quality... but I just can't justify the cost for my DD rig right now. I'm still trying to save enough $$ to pay for a replacement Pre-Catalytic Converter that's bad on my driver.

I went ahead and ordered a HD 3-Core All Metal (Brass & Copper) CSF f/radiatorbarn. Should be here next week. And so the continued journey goes...

I just can't see putting out a ton of cash on these.I run all stock rads in both my jeeps.During the summer our temps stay above 100 almost every day and just under 95 at night.I don't run hot in any of mine.Yes i offroad day and night during the summer.Yes i run my AC. I live in the low deserts of Palm Springs CA. Running the stock all metal radiators i have no problems with over heating.I also have them serviced every 4 to 5 years at a shop.

I just can't see putting out a ton of cash on these.I run all stock rads in both my jeeps.During the summer our temps stay above 100 almost every day and just under 95 at night.I don't run hot in any of mine.Yes i offroad day and night during the summer.Yes i run my AC. I live in the low deserts of Palm Springs CA. Running the stock all metal radiators i have no problems with over heating.I also have them serviced every 4 to 5 years at a shop.

X2

In my case... the OE Radiator was clogged and led to overheating and potentially what cause the cracked 0331 head on my '01 XJ. I didn't think spending $250 +/- on an upgraded radiator (Champion 2-Core in my case) after spending a LOT more than that on the replaced head was not what I'd consider overkill in the least. Opinions vary on what's overkill...

My original intent of this thread was based on Champion Radiators quality, or lack thereof... and how disappointed I am with their product! Hopefully the HD CSF 3-Core All Metal Radiator will work out much better for me.

Back