• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centralia, PA trip Oct 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the trails like? Would prefer not to break anything as it's my DD.

Trails at worst with snow on the ground could be about a class 3-4, when we will be there should be more like a class 2, little more than unmaintained roads. back in may when i was there, I was able to do 99.8% in 2wd. Mine is also my DD, so I am not looking to break anything either

It can get muddy if theres lots of Rain. Last time we were there IT had been raining for a week and it way Slick. What are you doing about the Ride tags. We stopped going beacuse of the $100 yearly tag. Has that been Lifted ??

It can get muddy if theres lots of Rain. Last time we were there IT had been raining for a week and it way Slick. What are you doing about the Ride tags. We stopped going beacuse of the $100 yearly tag. Has that been Lifted ??

I think your thinking of the Reading Anthracite land... this crew is going to Centralia Pa.

It is all in the same area basically. Like 5 miles apart. We always went to Centrail then will the coal company lands before the tag was required the town is very cool to see. You used to be able wheel just above where the old road dumps out at the top of the. the entrance I on the right. It was muddy and had fun gullies to play in.

No, the tag has not been lifted, however, Centralia is not owned by the coal companies there for is legal without the tag... I had spoken to a rep from Reading Coal and she told me that to wheel on their lands, you need the tag, when asked about centralia, I was told they do not own any land in that area so we are free and clear

No, the tag has not been lifted, however, Centralia is not owned by the coal companies there for is legal without the tag... I had spoken to a rep from Reading Coal and she told me that to wheel on their lands, you need the tag, when asked about centralia, I was told they do not own any land in that area so we are free and clear

You may be free and clear of the coal company but Centrailia is not legal to wheel period. I have been there before too, its fun, but you may be in for fines. Check out some of the other local forums and most clubs will tell you it is illegal. Most threads about going get locked or deleted as no one wants our sport associated with trespassers. I recommend abandoning this trip.

Our sport is highly scrutinized and trespassing where you shouldn't be is a huge black eye for the wheeling community. We loose access to more land than we gain. Why be part of the problem.

You may be free and clear of the coal company but Centrailia is not legal to wheel period. I have been there before too, its fun, but you may be in for fines. Check out some of the other local forums and most clubs will tell you it is illegal. Most threads about going get locked or deleted as no one wants our sport associated with trespassers. I recommend abandoning this trip.

Our sport is highly scrutinized and trespassing where you shouldn't be is a huge black eye for the wheeling community. We loose access to more land than we gain. Why be part of the problem.

So educate me, how is wheeling in Centralia ILLEGAL??? there are no gates, fences, or signs saying that it is posted or no trespassing? If by going there it is trespassing, then i guess that when i go to state parks, game lands, or the like would be trespassing too?? I understand what you are saying, but again how can it be trespassing and Illegal if there is nothing saying that it is? By all means, I do not want to give our sport a black eye as you put it, but unless I am given indisputable proof that it is illegal to visit and wheel centralia, this trip is still on. Show me the law that says it is illegal and i will call off the trip.

I can understand why some people can consider it illegal because of danger of cave ins and the town was wiped off the face of the map and lil more than a memory and locked in legal battle between the state and the last remaining residents, but unless the state has made a law declaring the area illegal, I do not see how and where we are doing anything wrong by going and exploring the area.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ that's a dumb argument.

Who owns the land?

If your front yard doesn't have a fence or a 'no trespassing' sign, you won't mind if I wheel all over it, right?

The mature way to approach it is to assume that everywhere is illegal to wheel on, unless you know for a fact that you can be there. Not the other way around.

Jesus Christ that's a dumb argument.

Who owns the land?

If your front yard doesn't have a fence or a 'no trespassing' sign, you won't mind if I wheel all over it, right?

The mature way to approach it is to assume that everywhere is illegal to wheel on, unless you know for a fact that you can be there. Not the other way around.

From all the research I have done on the area to ensure I am not doing anything illegal, I have found that with exception of the little bit of still privately owned land by the few residents, the State owns the land in that area...

and yea, feel free to come and wheel on my front lawn anytime you want as long as you are responsible and tread lightly as a mature wheeler would. I do not just go out and turn off the paved road, put the jeep in 4wd just to go off roading... if i have a question to weather its legal or not, i find out who owns the land i want to go on seek permission from the land owner. as far as i know, you do not need permission to go on state land unless it is gated or posted.

I have been "sitting on the fence" with this thread since the beginning, due to the reasons stated in the previous few posts. At this point, this thread is getting closed. Those that want to go, please contact Bandit79 through PM's.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back