• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centralia, PA trip Oct 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit79

NAXJA Forum User
I did a wheeling trip to Centralia, PA back in May... I am planning another trip down there.

What: Wheeling trip
Date: Sunday, October 24
Where: Centralia, PA

When: Leaving Rensselaer apx 0600-0630 that morning

If you are interested in going, let me know... I will post up the route that i will be traveling about a week b4 the actually trip. If you want to go you can meet up with us on the road or you can meet us at the designated meeting point...

again, I will post up more details about a week b4 the trip...

Edit: Here is the updated list of people going and information. I will update at least weekly...

If you are going on the Centralia run, let me know what you have for commo too please...

so as it looks so far, we have:

From jeepforum.com
01..Bandit1...CB, FRS, and Cell
02..Redrockin7...
03..heepinforchrist...
04..notenoughboost...
05..jager00...CB and Cell
06..Spokes...
07..SENTINELSIX...Cell
08..Simontuffguy...CB and Cell
09..Veeb0rg...CB, FRS, and Cell

From KJCountry.com
01..Josh...CB and FRS
02..JeepOwner07 (Kevin)...CB?
03..Derek (JK)...CB
04..wolverine1020 (Dean)...
05..Jim Kelly...CB, FRS, and Cell
06..ClydeFrog...CB
07..quicksilversurf...
08..Vranes17 (Andrew)...FRS
09..Mikey1273
10..DaveKJ...CB and Cell

From LOSTJEEPS.com

ok, so we now have an official meeting spot and time...

Time: apx 1130AM

Interstate 81, Exit 119
Country Inn & Suites
100 Keystone Blvd East
Pottsville, PA 17901

When you enter, you will have the main enterence on the left and a open dirt parking lot that they use for the truck drivers to the right... we will meet in the rig parking lot so that we are out of the way as long as there are not alot of rigs there...

I think that is everyone so far...am i missing or forgetting anyone??

holy shit thats a lot of rigs to bring into centrailia at once.

LOL, yea, i never expected it to be this huge... last time i was there we had a total of 4 rigs... this time i was expecting about 10. The list was up over 20 at one point, a few have dropped out and we still have about a month till the trip, so we will see who still goes...

gotta be careful with that many trucks. cave ins are very possible

I know, I am most likely gonna split everyone up into smaller groups depending on the final count when we meet. I know that cave ins are more likely over the fire zone than the rest of the town, but still possible. As always, saftey is #1

Also realize that while you have a huge list, there are always no-shows.
yes, i do realize this, as said b4, when i went in may, there was a huge list then too and only 4 total that showed... I am all to familiar with planning a trip and having no shows... I am figuring on anywhere from 10-50% no show, but we will see the day of the trip

List update

If you are going on the Centralia run, let me know what you have for commo too please...

From jeepforum.com
02..Redrockin7...
03..heepinforchrist...
04..notenoughboost...
06..Spokes...
07..SENTINELSIX...Cell
10..egodfry...CB
11..jeepjeff007...
12..cherokeekid58...

From KJCountry.com
01..Josh...CB and FRS
03..Derek (JK)...CB
06..ClydeFrog...CB
07..quicksilversurf...
09..Mikey1273
10..DaveKJ...CB and Cell

From LOSTJEEPS.com
01..WarriorMP31B...FRS

ok, so we now have an official meeting spot...

Interstate 81, Exit 119
Country Inn & Suites
100 Keystone Blvd East
Pottsville, PA 17901

When you enter, you will have the main entrance on the left and a open dirt parking lot that they use for the truck drivers to the right... we will meet in the rig parking lot so that we are out of the way as long as there are not alot of rigs there...

This sounds cool. Ive always wanted to go to centralia. Do I need to bring my XJ, or can I drive my wagoneer? Im about 3 hours away.

This sounds cool. Ive always wanted to go to centralia. Do I need to bring my XJ, or can I drive my wagoneer? Im about 3 hours away.

thats up to you, we have almost every jeep type showing up... the "trails" can get very tight in spots, so what you bring is up to you. there will be XJs, KJs, wjs, and almost every type of wrangler (yj, tj, jk).

If you come, and you still have the grab handles and tj springs, i will take them since they are free

From jeepforum.com
02..Redrockin7...
03..heepinforchrist...
04..GlennM...CB and Cell
06..Spokes...
07..SENTINELSIX...Cell
10..egodfry...CB, FRS, and Cell
11..jeepjeff007...
12..cherokeekid58...
13..R-Code17815...
14..JonesJK...CB and Cell
15..Slithering Joe...

From KJCountry.com
01..Josh...CB and FRS
03..Derek (JK)...CB
06..ClydeFrog...CB
07..quicksilversurf...
09..Mikey1273
10..DaveKJ...CB and Cell

From LOSTJEEPS.com
01..WarriorMP31B...FRS
02..Maxa...CB

From NAXJA.org
01..Austinaubinoe

From CherokeeForum.com

ok, so we now have an official meeting spot...

Interstate 81, Exit 119
Country Inn & Suites
100 Keystone Blvd East
Pottsville, PA 17901

When you enter, you will have the main entrance on the left and a open dirt parking lot that they use for the truck drivers to the right... we will meet in the rig parking lot so that we are out of the way as long as there are not alot of rigs there...

Oh yeah ill unload those springs for sure! There from a 4 banger SE to be clear, but there just sitting next to my garage. And the grab handles are for a XJ, just to be clear again ( I HOPE I can find em!)

I really want to go, hopefully I can bring a friend. Ill want to drive my XJ, so I dont have to worry about my paint on the wagoneer, and have more fun playing. Does "tread lightly" apply to ghost towns LOL.

Any plans for lunch?

Oh yeah ill unload those springs for sure! There from a 4 banger SE to be clear, but there just sitting next to my garage. And the grab handles are for a XJ, just to be clear again ( I HOPE I can find em!)

I really want to go, hopefully I can bring a friend. Ill want to drive my XJ, so I dont have to worry about my paint on the wagoneer, and have more fun playing. Does "tread lightly" apply to ghost towns LOL.

Any plans for lunch?

Of course it does... it always applies to everything we jeepers do...

if i were to put those springs on my XJ will it net me any lift as I have the OR-Fab winch bumper with winch on the front and i have the I6 4.0L?

spare parts are always a good thing to have as we are usually breaking something on the jeep...lol if you can find them, bring them and i will take them from you

I highly doubt the springs would net you any lift.

Could you please explain what exactly the plan is when we get to centralia? Just check out the town? Should I bring food?

Thanks

Just realized that Rocktoberfest is friday and saturday of the same weekend W/ and optional day sunday. So I may miss this trip.

Edit: Oh wow just checked and centralia is like a half hour from Rausch creek, so I guess if nothing comes up ill be there!

Well considering that mine have about 224K miles on them, im sure they will get me closer to stock height again... which will be something more than i have now...

As far as a plan when we get to centralia, gonna see whats left of the town, hit some of the trails and stuff thats around the area... you could grab lunch before you come... we would be meeting either just before or after lunch and wheeling after lunchtime. After the wheeling in centralia, there is a dinner that the group in may went to, but i had to skip out on that i was planning on going to around dinner time to grab a bite to eat. other than that it was gonna be to see what the majority of the group wanted to do. with as many jeeps as i think are gonna be there, we may have to break down to smaller groups and spread out. i know a few of the jeeps want to do more urban exploring rather than trail ridding, i could go either way on that.

you can bring food if you want, i will probally stop and grab some snacks on the way there. i am sure that others will do the same.

Hope to see you there if you decide to still come.

I am so down for urban exploring and dinner afterwards if that works out.

I am so down for urban exploring and dinner afterwards if that works out.

Sounds like a plan, not that there is much urban left, lol, but there are still a few houses left to see... then there are the 3 cemetaries that are still there with tombstones as recent as 2009. Then of course there's the :flame: area and the closed section of highway.

lol, last time I went "wheelin" through centralia I was drivin a Buick Roadmaster Wagon w/ posi...

it scraped alot, but it did pretty good for a car.

do be careful bringing that many people, PA DCNR is likely to harrass and fine you.... just sayin'

lol, last time I went "wheelin" through centralia I was drivin a Buick Roadmaster Wagon w/ posi...

it scraped alot, but it did pretty good for a car.

do be careful bringing that many people, PA DCNR is likely to harrass and fine you.... just sayin'

Thanks for the heads up. who or what is the PA DCNR???? never heard or them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back