• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radio & Antenna Mount Photos - Post Up

its a FCC required part that limits you radio's transmit(i.e modulation) capability.....supposed to keep you from comming through the little ole neighbor lady's phone if you are close to her house or interfering with her t.v....ask me how I know!!!
Without the modulation block you talk farther.....

Last edited:
outlander said:
its a FCC required part that limits you radio's transmit(i.e modulation) capability.....supposed to keep you from comming through the little ole neighbor lady's phone if you are close to her house or interfering with her t.v....ask me how I know!!!
Without the modulation block you talk farther.....

pics?

Guys, removing the mod block is an illegal offense with serious consequences if you are caught. If you want to learn about it do it somewhere other than on our forums.

Here's a pic of the mounted antenna

Don't have for the CB mount.

karstic: How much of a range are you getting out of that mount? From what I've read, roof-top mounts are typically the best for longer range...

I just put this together today. 3' Firestik antenna and 18' FireRing coax on a homemade mount from some scrap I had.

HPIM0953.jpg

HPIM0954.jpg

Ought to do better than having it ziptied to the roof rack.

You can't see it really well in the pic, but the antenna is pretty snug against the tire, which restricts the movement pretty well. If I notice it moving a lot I may throw a spring on there.

My adjustable HF Antenna On the back, the cb antenna is in the stock location and the 2m/70cm dual band can be seen on driver side front fender.

Running 100 watt yaesu ft-857d all mode tranciever and Cobra 75

Question fellas... Im going to be adding a radio to my newly aquired 01. Going a different route. My 94 had a Uniden Grant XL (big radio) and a wilson 1000.

Im going alittle smaller/cleaner on the 01. Im getting a Midland 1001z, and some form of fiberglass whip.

My question. Im thinking of getting the fender mount like this for a quick set up...

24556-lg.jpg

Where/how are you guys routing the coax??? It doesnt seem like there is space to get it into the engine bay without the hood/fender area pinching it. I checked mine out real quick yesterday, and it seems like it would be quite tight... Just curious. Maybe its not an issue...or maybe there is thinner coax than what Im used to. My old set up had a custom cable that I made...and it was pretty thick.

Thanks!

J.

Begster said:
Yes, I too enjoy showing my Jeep when I can. As said in the first post, my CB is in the same place Ghostdakota mounted his, here is the 2nd, and final location of my antenna.
DSCN1063.jpg

Won't that burn up your CB, being mounted to fiberglass instead of metal??

It probably wouldn’t burn up a stock unmodified CB...if you totally disconnected the antenna ya it could blow the finals...It just would not work very well connected to fiberglass.

Back