• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radio & Antenna Mount Photos - Post Up

GhostDakota said:
We sell rear light mounts for CJ's, YJ,'s, TJ's, but nothing for XJ's. We do sell universal XJ ones:

24556-lg.jpg

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_55.htm

how much for just that dealie?

the quadratec link is a package including the radio, i already have that.

my mag mount likes to come off in the sand dunes.

Radio isn't included in that kit. It's just the antenna, mount and cable.

Blaine = wacker ;-) Nice setup though. I've seen some sweet center consoles for our Fire/EMS, Park Ranger, & Police XJ's. I think Galls had something a while back too. Multiple slots for your siren controls, emergency lighting, scanner, CB, etc. It was sweet.

GhostDakota said:
Radio isn't included in that kit. It's just the antenna, mount and cable.

Kits include a radio, low-profile cable, exclusive no-drill antenna bracket & pre-tuned antenna. The radio is a Uniden PRO 510XL 40 Channel Professional Mobile CB that's compact in size to fit almost anywhere in your rig, and is backed by a limited two-year warranty.

Thats what it says on their site.

This is a recent install in my new to me '03 Dodge 2500, but I previously installed the same antenna and mount the same way in my xj. I used an NMO mount with a Larsen 27B antenna. Works well and is very professional without being expensive. I used to run a mag mount on the roof, but it was always getting knocked off. The NMO mount and screw on Larsen antenna never got damaged even in thick woods. Jeff

PC030037.jpg
This shows a temporary antenna base. I guess I don't have pics of the actual base. It's similar except a bit taller.

PC030038.jpg
Antenna screws on to base. Screw on blank caps are also available to cover the base when you do not want the antenna screwed on.

PC030036.jpg
Inside of base connector. Takes a 3/4" hole.

PC030040.jpg
This shows the temporary antenna coil on the rig. The Larsen 27B antenna has a slim black whip protruding from the top of a similar coil. Also notice my new cab clearance lights! :)

Jeff

GUYS! I'd like to think that I just had a GREAT idea so if somone else has already thought of this simple idea don't tell me.

I was having a hard time hearing my CB over the engine noise and road noise and wind noise and the radio so I had to either get a louder speaker or a different CB. I am quite fond of my CB so I was looking for an external speaker when I had a lightbulb.

For this to work you must have either an aftermarket CD player with AUXILARY input or a 4-channel amp. (You see where I'm goin?)

I used used a wire with the 3.5mm headphone jack on one end and a phono plug on the other end. I plugged the headphone jack in the ext. port on the CB and plugged the phono plug into one of the unused channels on my amplifier. Now I can control the volume to my radio as well as my CB seperately run thru the same amplifer. I used one of my back door speakers for the CB and the remaining 3 for the Radio. I don't even notice the difference with one speaker not playing. I was just going to do this temporary but I kinda like it. The one speaker blares the CB WAY louder than I ever need it to be. Problem solved.

As for using the AUX port on your radio it works basically the same way. you just can't listen to the radio at the same time. Also, unless you use a splitter it will only play on one side of the vehicle.

I hope I made somones day if not I made mine! Happy almost new years.

ps The antenna on the Dodge is off-center... j/k

Blaine B. said:
If you look at what the kit includes it does not list the radio.

Although in the description it does.

Either way I really just need the bracket.

My CB mount, this is a Radio Shack unit that is actually made by Uniden.
cbip4.jpg

My home made antenna mount, Firestick 2 3' and firestick spring. I have to be careful on this side!
slider8ez2.jpg

I'll be going with a 2-meter set up soon as well.

Last edited:
"No Ground Plane" CB on the RIght, Dual Band on the Left
0703Gardendale023.jpg

Both mounts are Ham Radio clip on mounts....has worked great, well protected....takes some abuse from tree limbs, but holding up well.
CBmount002.jpg

CB in the overhead console.....
misc05115.jpg

That was the initial pics...all the wires are now hidden up in the headliner.

lowrange2 said:
GUYS! I'd like to think that I just had a GREAT idea so if somone else has already thought of this simple idea don't tell me.

I was having a hard time hearing my CB over the engine noise and road noise and wind noise and the radio so I had to either get a louder speaker or a different CB.

Had the same problem, cause I'm getting old.

Mounted my radio to the ceiling right between the seats, the bracket attaches to the roof support right in front of the dome light..... No extra wires, no extra amps. Less wiring = less places to have a problem or a fire.....

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
This is a recent install in my new to me '03 Dodge 2500, but I previously installed the same antenna and mount the same way in my xj. I used an NMO mount with a Larsen 27B antenna. Works well and is very professional without being expensive. I used to run a mag mount on the roof, but it was always getting knocked off. The NMO mount and screw on Larsen antenna never got damaged even in thick woods. Jeff

PC030037.jpg
This shows a temporary antenna base. I guess I don't have pics of the actual base. It's similar except a bit taller.

PC030038.jpg
Antenna screws on to base. Screw on blank caps are also available to cover the base when you do not want the antenna screwed on.

PC030036.jpg
Inside of base connector. Takes a 3/4" hole.

PC030040.jpg
This shows the temporary antenna coil on the rig. The Larsen 27B antenna has a slim black whip protruding from the top of a similar coil. Also notice my new cab clearance lights! :)

Jeff

Heres a link to the NMO 27B antenna I bought:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/larsenx.html

and a link to the NMO K mount:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/larsenx.html

Jeff

I have that exact cb mounted in the same spot.Best spot IMO...other than between the visors.Can't beat the ultra111 for the price.I got mine on sale at wally world for $25.Cut the modulation block out of it as soon as I pulled it out of the box.

Last edited:
Back