• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB installs lets see em!

100_2490-1.jpg

GSequoia said:
Shorten your shifters!

The trans shifter is the only really long one...and everyone who has driven it so far has agreed with the placement.

For the rest of 'em...

DSC01782.JPG

Not too long. If I can find something cooler to make the levers out of then I will. The cutting brakes need to be that long for the leverage.

The bigger problem is I'm a short guy with short arms. :(

So did you steal the transmission shifter out of a UPS truck?

:cheers:

vetteboy said:
I've got a big head and little arms :(

Fixed it for ya! (meet the robinsons....after reading it again, I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but I couldn't resist)

vetteboy said:
Head unit crapped out, CB goes in its place.

DSC01159.JPG

There's a small external speaker mounted behind that blank space in the dash next to it. Works great. The hardest part was routing the antenna cable through the dash.

In place of the head unit, I just run a 4-channel amp with RCA inputs feeding right from my ipod. Probably the best stereo mod to date.

After ripping the antenna mount off the side (above the taillight) two or three times, I decided that location sucked. Next I tried a shorter one off the roof rack which died in a parking deck. Finally I put the big whip back on the front bumper, and that's worked the best so far.

DSC01162.JPG

I marked the roof height on the whip, and it makes a nice height gauge for driving under stuff.

vetboy i did the same CB install you did and i ran the antena wire up and under the dash so its clean and hidin. I can get you pictures if you are intrested in changing it up.
-Glen

Uniden 510XL
Firestick mount
Firestick Firefly 3' antenna
RLF.coms cb mount
I got all my stuff fom Walcott cb and Rocklizardfabrications.com...it was reallll easy to install heres some pics...

First pics of the mount and antenna

P3080230.jpg

P3080229.jpg

next the wiring...

this in in the rear hatch
P3080268.jpg

ran it on the inside up in the top...
P3080273.jpg

and along the sides...
P3080274.jpg

to the CB...
P3080276.jpg

P3080275.jpg

power wire goes down the drivers a-pillar, you cna kind of see it but whatever...
P3080277.jpg

-AR

LilRhodyXJ said:
Uniden 510XL
Firestick mount
Firestick Firefly 3' antenna
RLF.coms cb mount
I got all my stuff fom Walcott cb and Rocklizardfabrications.com...it was reallll easy to install heres some pics...

First pics of the mount and antenna

P3080230.jpg

P3080229.jpg

next the wiring...

this in in the rear hatch
P3080268.jpg

ran it on the inside up in the top...
P3080273.jpg

and along the sides...
P3080274.jpg

to the CB...
P3080276.jpg

P3080275.jpg

power wire goes down the drivers a-pillar, you cna kind of see it but whatever...
P3080277.jpg

-AR

Cant see shit captain.

Back