• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage pics

DieselSJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK, first round of pics of the damage to our old car. Sorry, the lighting sucked, but this is what they sent. I'll be out there over the weekend and will get some better shots.

RaceCar005.jpg

RaceCar004.jpg

RaceCar003.jpg

RaceCar002.jpg

Ouch. did they snap it in half?

What caused the damage? Did you guys crash?

It was actually one of the first Jeepspeed cars ever built. It won the first JS race. Rubicon Express raced it for a season, then it sat. We picked it up and raced it for 4 seasons. The car had been rolled once (we tangled with a Trophy Truck) at the end of the first season and that is when we started chasing the cracks on the firewall. Nope, no fire. The cracks really started coming during the 3rd season. I'll get some of the fenderwell and spring bucket and shock mount too.

It was actually one of the first Jeepspeed cars ever built. It won the first JS race. Rubicon Express raced it for a season, then it sat. We picked it up and raced it for 4 seasons. The car had been rolled once (we tangled with a Trophy Truck) at the end of the first season and that is when we started chasing the cracks on the firewall. Nope, no fire. The cracks really started coming during the 3rd season. I'll get some of the fenderwell and spring bucket and shock mount too.

Didn't Pistol Pete hit you from behind at Primm?

-Dan

Didn't Pistol Pete hit you from behind at Primm?

-Dan

It all depends on the perspective of the person telling the story. But it is just one of the dangers of racing. Wasn't at Primm though.

gotta love the unibody :D honestly I am surprised it held up so well, with such a long racing history. Kudos to the builders, she had a great run!

Back