• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cargo spare/shock hoop setups

lilnapsak

NAXJA Forum User
looking to see what everyone has done for their rear shock through the floor setups, along with a cargo spare mounted to said setup. going to be going through the floor soon and im looking for some options.

trying to mount a 35x12.5. i know i will be loosing some visability, but i would like to be able to still see out the rear window as much as possible..

i have hoops tied to my stiffeners (and cage), with a cross bar between them, and a removable spare mount off of the center of the crossbar (it mounts with a tube clamp so that I can remove it)

i can get pics of it specifically tomorrow if you'd like/need. it mounts a 35x12.5

heres just what i have handy

_D207150.jpg

i have hoops tied to my stiffeners (and cage), with a cross bar between them, and a removable spare mount off of the center of the crossbar (it mounts with a tube clamp so that I can remove it)

i can get pics of it specifically tomorrow if you'd like/need. it mounts a 35x12.5

heres just what i have handy

_D207150.jpg
i didnt know you had a spare mount will. i must have missed that in your build on SIS. more pics would be awesome.

i notice that you dont have the panel on the hatch too. does that have anything to do with the spare maybe hitting? also curious if you have room to stash anything under the tire/crossbar.

im building a rear bumper soon and also thought of trying something a little differant..

6823_103945379617830_100000071047223_113126_1495488_n.jpg

167150_10150139972440196_552960195_8496076_3961728_n.jpg

its a swingout that swings into the cargo. i would love to try something like this but without cutting the hatch completly. more just trimming around where the tube would go through.

My 35 just rest on my cage with ratchet straps holding it in place.
IMG_8567.jpg

I'm always putting too much shit in and out to waste space with a carrier, plus i like to sleep back there sometimes when camping.
Pretty ugly and hacked together but it should suffice ok with a mild rollover, I'm going to add more crossbars in spots.
it was built with more cargo space in mind keeping the back seat functional.
IMG_1998.jpg

cage.jpg

i didnt know you had a spare mount will. i must have missed that in your build on SIS. more pics would be awesome.

i notice that you dont have the panel on the hatch too. does that have anything to do with the spare maybe hitting? also curious if you have room to stash anything under the tire/crossbar.

yeah i put stuff under the tire/crossbar all the time..toolbox/bag, tripods, whatever i have...its exactly why we did it that way

hatch panel..Lol...its because my latch broke and to get at it you need to remove the panel...fixed my latch over a year ago and still no panel (it broke anyway) so thats just a "dont care" thing...def not a clearance thing

ill get you pics ASAP of it bare without the tire

im building a rear bumper soon and also thought of trying something a little differant..

6823_103945379617830_100000071047223_113126_1495488_n.jpg

167150_10150139972440196_552960195_8496076_3961728_n.jpg

its a swingout that swings into the cargo. i would love to try something like this but without cutting the hatch completly. more just trimming around where the tube would go through.

i came up with the same idea just the other day. i want to run a very similar set up on my heep

I love your setup. I've contemplated the idea of doing that and then sheeting the outside and coming up with a rubber seal or whatever to make it more or less dust resistant. Now I'm thinking about putting it on a hinge too so I can move it to access my cargo area as well...:D

My whole cage is 1 1/2" .120 wall. It started out as a simple-ish wheeling cage, gone horribly awry once we started desert racing. I feel the design is safe, but it would never be race legal to today's standards.

Back