• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Car Fax Please

JeepTherapy

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone please send me a carfax report on the following vehicle?

VIN Number: jt4vd22e9s0006168

I got the winning bid on Ebay and want to make sure it checks out before I have it shipped out to me or go on a road trip to get it.

Please PM me the report or I can PM my email address if that will not work.

Thank you very much!

Kevin

Shipped? You didn't check it out in person first? You didn't request VIN and run it prior to winning the auction?

I hate to say this but... Bad move. You are legally obligated to pay the full amount of that vehicle regardless.

I Don't have a carfax for you but I'll say Good Luck!

Post a link to the auction and maybe we can have an elook?

Cost me $10 to run one..........no thanks.

Can't do it yourself?

JeepTherapy said:
Can someone please send me a carfax report on the following vehicle?

VIN Number: jt4vd22e9s0006168

I got the winning bid on Ebay and want to make sure it checks out before I have it shipped out to me or go on a road trip to get it.

Let me get this straight:

- You bid on the vehicle.
- Your bid won.
- After all that, you want to know its history in case you should back out now, while you're still obligated to pay for it.

Sorry, but having just gone through having someone send me payment in good faith (note to the person I just shipped out to: not related to you :) ) then cancel their cheque the day before it got here, you really should've done this before you bid. You paid your money, you took your chances, and now that you're responsible for it you should man up and do the honourable thing - which means buying it and dealing with whatever problems it has. The time to run its history and get cold feet *before* you put your money down has passed.

casm said:
Let me get this straight:

- You bid on the vehicle.
- Your bid won.
- After all that, you want to know its history in case you should back out now, while you're still obligated to pay for it.

Sorry, but having just gone through having someone send me payment in good faith (note to the person I just shipped out to: not related to you :) ) then cancel their cheque the day before it got here, you really should've done this before you bid. You paid your money, you took your chances, and now that you're responsible for it you should man up and do the honourable thing - which means buying it and dealing with whatever problems it has. The time to run its history and get cold feet *before* you put your money down has passed.

Not really getting cold feet. I feel I got a good deal on the truck and the shipping will work out to less than what it could have been had I flown out and drove it back home. I am just wanting to make sure what the owner is telling me checks out with the title history. I don't think there is anything wrong with checking someone's story out.

I know sometimes people get Carfax accounts that have unlimited use over a 30 day period and wanted to try that prior to paying for my own Carfax that I will only use one time. Given the short time frame I have to work with I will probably end up getting my own account.

Here is the link for those who are interested in seeing what I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4639684127&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

The only thing I have cold feet about is whether to get rid of the Cherokee that I have several spent years and over $2500 modifying :shiver: .

Kevin

I ordered a carfax myself and the title history did check out with what the owner reported-good to see there are honest people out there. Now, the other problem of what to do with my Cherokee :( .

good luck with trusting carfax. not everything shows up on there. some insurance companys dont report to them. i know for a fact that unless it has happened recentaly state farm does not report anything to them.

Back