• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can we lock the for sale section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
just a question. could we make it avalable to Members, Helpers, and Vendors only?

there seems to be alot of bs that takes place in that section. and i feel if it was left to the above. there would be alot less of said BS, to go around.
it would also be a good incentive to PAY YOUR DUES! to the club.

that is all :lecture:

Bronze.

Not going to happen. I appreciate the thought but this is not a feat of which would be practical for the club. There is just as much BS from members as there is from users. We're not going to aileanate those who come in peace because people have an issue with whoever they have issues with.

I know i for one have been a member of the club at times and a non-member at other times. sometimes the for sale thread is the only thing i get on to check out what people are selling. People are going to have issues with other people, always have and always will, i believe this is one of the reasons for moderators. Just my opinion.

Sounds like a great idea. I know that when I post items for sale, I try and go for the smallest group of potential buyers possible.

Sounds like a great idea. I know that when I post items for sale, I try and go for the smallest group of potential buyers possible.

I agree. I even think we need to limit it to geographic areas as well. No way I'd want to sell something to some goatraper in Portland when I'm up in the Seattle area.

Elite > not elite

I just look threw the first 15 adds in the for sale section and only seen 17 non member post.What seems to be all the bs happen????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You say to close it to non payed members but yet they are selling some good stuff too
Why don't you put your efforts to good use on something else.
Like maybe set up a trail maintenance section or ??????????

Just make two sections like other forums do. One for members and the other for the rest of us goat ropers. This way the oh mighty members can choose who they sell to.

Dave

i needed some entertanment today:roflmao:.

i hooked a responce out of you dident i...

CL would be a good place to start. maby even e-bay. i post my good stuff here befor CL, not to sell it quick... but to offer my fellow members a good deal on some quality parts. Befor there avalable to the general public.

I agree. I even think we need to limit it to geographic areas as well. No way I'd want to sell something to some goatraper in Portland when I'm up in the Seattle area.

Elite > not elite

your a member, what would you have to be sarcastic about? im making this sugestion to further the "CLUB" feel. id feel better knowing the idem im looking at on NAXJA might be there a day or two. and know i may not to need to jump on it right away, in fear of loosing it to a general user...

just post a RED price
and a Black price...

i like to see that more in the for sale:patriot:

i like the trend aswell, and try to post dual prices aswell

Just make two sections like other forums do. One for members and the other for the rest of us goat ropers. This way the oh mighty members can choose who they sell to.

Dave

good idea. but i fear it would lead to massive double posts, and a parts fight.

all and all. this thred makes me laugh. it was just a thought, i figured it might hit a nerv with a feiw. all in good fun :yap: i say. im alwase thinking of the superfical club in my mind. and from time to time i question things... sue me! LOL. not really im poor. i just thought that if it was about Unloading your Crap, use CL. if we want to hook-a-Homie Up, a tighter nigt forsale section might help.

im shure theres more to come.
Bronze.

I just look threw the first 15 adds in the for sale section and only seen 17 non member post.What seems to be all the bs happen????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
You say to close it to non payed members but yet they are selling some good stuff too

You can't see all the BS becuase the MODS have taken it out. Just a thought. There has been alot of BS in all threads lately and the it seems the Mods can't even keep up at times. I'm not sure this is the way to fix it but I do think there needs to be some changes.

Lol this thread is hilarious.
Why would we punish the offenders instead of the whole user base?

Lets regulate those who don't break the rules because of those that do. Genius!

You can't see all the BS becuase the MODS have taken it out. Just a thought. There has been alot of BS in all threads lately and the it seems the Mods can't even keep up at times. I'm not sure this is the way to fix it but I do think there needs to be some changes.

this is why we dont need to lock it plain and simple. we are here to moderate the bullshit that shows up and keep it as close to sane around here as can get. :conceited

Or... Set it up to where 3% of every item sold gets donated to trail watch, and clean up, restoration, KEEPING THEM OPEN etc... You know, the things that really should matter to us users of the land. 1% gets donated to the site, to better it. As you all squabble about red this, black that, there are people looking for ways to shut down those trail, that without those trails, we have nowhere to legally play. Yes, some sites need funding, but its not on one group to carry, its all of us as a whole. So, red, black, purple or pink, we all should really be together, not segregated by color, as thats worked so great in the past. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back