• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping Anyone?

W8ng4msrgt

NAXJA Forum User
I like to go out camping somewhere almost every weekend. It doesn't have to be a hardcore trail but one that you won't see a Honda Civic on.

I have a '91 XJ that I am working on. At the present time it is on 31's and open diffs. I also have a 3/4 ton 4x4 burb that is quite nimble until sharp narrow turns. It also tows quite nicely.

I would like to meet some folks to go out camping. I will continue to go by myself but hope other folks are looking for camping partners also.

I also like to camp my jeeps in the same condition Aussie locked in the rear only. 32" tires Im going to be doing upgrades in the coming year but for now that's where it is. So i don't wanna do any crazy trails until im geared up. However my jeeps in Oregon right now it will probably be back after labor day. So maybe after labor day i would be game my roomate rides motorcycles he would proably also come. :firedevil

I wish you would have been a day sooner, i've been at philbrook and spring valley camping and wheeling since thursday.
Anytime you want to go, look me up and i'll ask wifey :D , i have a red 91 2 door with 32's and trimmed fenders and my cousin has a blue 92 on 31's with the big nor-cal sticker in the back window. Im sure you have seen either of us running around town. I live on central park if you wanna stop by and have a beer and talk jeep sometime. Both jeeps are regularly at Casa de Paradiso too if ya wanna check them out, thats where my wifey and cousin work.

I can't recall seeing either one those XJ's but you guys are probably there later than me. My white '91 is usually at the Paradiso in the early afternoon M-Th. Someone I know and probably your MIL ,Nancy, was up at Philbrook this past weekend. I was getting over a kidney infection and stayed home.

Gah! yeah, nancy is my MIL and shannon is my wife. Nancy was the reason i was up there, well at the very least i was her ride up there. its a good feeling leaving your mother in law in the woods for a week with no car. Im not sure which white 91 you are either, there seems to be a shatload of lifted white jeeps in town lately.

this is my junk.
15gzg9h.jpg

i go camping alot, but i have no clue where paradise ca is. im in the process of lifting my xj to 4.5" in the front, im saving for the rear, so ill be running around all prerunnered out =) one i get it finished, im down to do a little camping.

I live in Pismo, I can meet up pretty much any time.

i'd make a trip down to prewitt, it looks pretty nice up there. i need to get my lift finished before i go but im still down to go!

i frequent pismo pretty often. i usually camp out in oceano dunes though

OK i say we all need to go camping up in the High Country before it starts getting too cool at night up there... Pismo is cool Mike but it gets old... lol I used to spend all summer over there when i was younger.. My truck is fun in the dunes though lol...

im pretty down as well. Im in clovis and lets not forget all the sweet ass trails up above shaver and huntington lakes. I have the socal wheelin book and there is a gogillion trails in there. I am trying to get an RN job but the market is washed out so in my other job I am not working all that much, which means I can get away easy.

well as soon as i can get my brake lines and rear leafs... oh and alignment =) im down to go anywhere!

pismo is dull but its close.

side note, i installed the front of my lift, disconnected my brake line from the inner fender well... no more brake line limiting strap =) now its just my 3" lift shocks stoppin me from flexing all the way lol so im down to go camping again with my prerunner looking jeep lol

Hey Tonofclay2 dp you know any of the Yoda guys up there? There is one working down here that is in the process of building a yoda. He is from Clovis, hes an electrican.

Anyone have plans for the next few weeks? I am thinking about returning to Wells Cabin this weekend. It is 60 miles west of Corning and 6900'.

For Labor Day weekend I am thinking maybe Barney Riley. A guy over on Pirate brought it up. He is only planning on staying one night and of course I want to stay longer. He also sort of flaked (because of work) on the last trip he brought up. It has been two years since I have been there but I would like to return.

I am also thinking about a Bodie run. I have never done it before and heard the views are good even though it isn't a technical trail.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey Tonofclay2 dp you know any of the Yoda guys up there? There is one working down here that is in the process of building a yoda. He is from Clovis, hes an electrican.

Hmm some but not on a super personal basis bff level. Just some guys I've wheeled with a few times. Jamie has a beat to he!! yellow turbo that goes every damn where, funny ass guy too. Ahh, names...unless they were already my friend I wldnt know a yota guy that well!! HAHA

Back