• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camp and trail meals

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
A few questions so I can plan a shopping list.

1. Thursday dinner: did most people cook over fire or should I plan on a camp stove?

2. Breakfasts: Is there time to cook a hot breakfast, or most people just grab cereal, pop tarts, and donuts? What time do we usually set out on trail rides?

3. Trail lunches: do we usually take a break during the day to sit and eat, or should we plan on grabbing something while we wait out a breakdown or wait our turn at an obstacle?

1. People did a little bit of both. Some cooked over fire (most popular) or used a camp stove. Some ran into town for grub while others made sandwiches.

2. Last year we tried to get the rides leaving the camp between 9-10am. We staggered the groups. You do have time to eat but will need to be in line with your group at the respective time.

3. You will need to bring a prepared lunch with you. We will stop sometime around 12-1pm for lunch (or wheneven the trail leader designates).

It's gonna be hot for either one but both are good options.

Bagels with cream cheese are the bomb for breakfast.

Sandwiches and pringles SOP for lunch.

Our goal will to be back around 4pm. I want to get some good riding in while on the mountain. We can make adjustments as necessary.

I highly recommend taking more then you need. Do not just take enough for you for one meal and take plenty of drinks and water. You never know what will happen on the mountain. On year in Tellico we got stuck behind another group an there was no way around and back tracking the trail was not possible.

I highly recommend taking more then you need. Do not just take enough for you for one meal and take plenty of drinks and water. You never know what will happen on the mountain. On year in Tellico we got stuck behind another group an there was no way around and back tracking the trail was not possible.

i miss tellico!!!!:smsoap:

Back