• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 Rear Bumper

T- Bone

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody trail tested this thing? Good price, nice fit and looks beefy. I am in Germany and they may be the only one willing to work with my shipping probs.

Beefy like Campbells Chunky Soup.
Has Timken Bearings for the Tire Carrier.
Mine has held up to all abuses in the garage :D
It should see sunlight by 2004

AZ tested and approved also. Myself and BillR can vouch for them. Here is a crummy shot of mine right after install.

fb05eafd.jpg

Fergie

PS- Where you stationed? Branch?

Been using the C4x4F front and rear bumper w/tire carrier since '99 and has worked well for me. I have modified the front bumper for better approach angles. If you are going to Moab you can check out the modifications that I have done.

Fergie, looks better than I thought it would! I think its a go! As long as they can help in getting it to me. Army in Heidelberg.

CharlesS, Which front bumper do you have? Moab is a little far for me this year.

C4x4F which I modified by radiusing upward from the winch plate around to the wheel well and trimming 2.5" off the sides where they meet the wheel well. Reinforced the inside front and sides with 1" angle iron and a 3/16 steel from the front to the side. Much stronger and have smacked it good several times and no dents on the lower edge like it used to.

Have one and love it. I wanged it pretty good on a rock while backing down a hill....enough to stop the jeep. But it did not even scratch the powder coating..much less dent it.

Here ya go:

488145DSC00443.JPG

Jes said:
Very good bumper.
Johnson Valley tested and approved. ;)

Jes

Hey jes, i heard that yours has started to rip of the frame, is that true?, i wanted to know as i am planning to get it.

Ravi

rav said:
Hey jes, i heard that yours has started to rip of the frame, is that true?, i wanted to know as i am planning to get it.

Ravi

Yes and no. No it wasn't the buper's fault, and no it wasn't the swing out's fault. It was just that on the trails I run you can't have a big tire hanging off the back as I was dragging it over everything. It was acting as a lever and it cracked the unibody behind the bumper where the body and "frame" rails come together. I actually sold the swingout some time ago and will sell the bumper once I make a custom one that wraps around the sides and covers up my crushed quarter panels.
For 99% of the XJ drivers out there a rear mounted tire carrier should pose no problems what so ever and if you're going to get one the C4X4 is a very good option.

Jes

I work for a freight forwarder here in Los Angeles, but have offices nation, & worldwide. Here is a link to our website: www.twtus.com, but since you are a US Service man overseas, I'm not sure if you'll have to pay customs duties & taxes on the item. So you may want to talk to somebody in Logistics, or anybody that deals with international affairs on the base. If you want somemore details email me at work and I'll be able to give you some more information.

BTW- I like there bumpers too, and can't really beat the prices!

Scott Suyeto
NAXJA Member #631

e-mail work: [email protected]
WEB: http://www.twtus.com

T-Bone, "Anybody trail tested this thing?"

I have run mine from Tellico, to the Badlands, through Moab and Colorado, and everything Missouri and Illinois can throw at it and have only suffered one small dent.
It is the best overall bumper you can get in its price range and the Company is great to deal with.

Bones :skull1:

dumpbumpside-vi.jpg

57-vi.jpg

MHTbackinsm-vi.jpg

5upfainfrd-vi.jpg

4fainford1-vi.jpg

OCG_RP1_B1-vi.jpg

GS_LEDGE_FLEX2-vi.jpg

It's a bullet proof beast. I have one on my 88 XJ and a DrawTight 2" Hitch Receiver under it. Painted it using POR 15 prep and paint with a final coat of Rustolium Hard Hat Exterior spray. I mounted my HiLift jack on it. Banged the heck out of it on the 'John Bull' trail near Big Bear Lake in So. Calif. and barely scraped the paint. However in traffic if someone should bump into you from behind (which did happen to me), the damage to them will be extreem.

Back