• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building bumpers

100_2014.jpg

100_2015-Copy.jpg

100_2016.jpg
Damn I was really hoping they would be for an XJ...I plan on doing tube fenders at some point...

I had someone else ask me about doing them for an XJ but I have not ever seen any done so I have no idea how they would want them to look, obviously I can't use my XJ for mocking anything up

If I was closer, I'd let you use mine...I've got pipe welded into the fenders right now and would like to extend the flare out with some sheet and more pipe/tube...As of right now it's just there for looks and to cover the sharp edge of the fender.

I could not find his but I did find these, they look really nice but without a Jeep to use for fitting, they would be a bear to make

http://66.228.124.214/forum/showthread.php?t=922035&highlight=tube+fenders
That's fairly similar to my "plans"except I was thinking of doing a double wall tube set up, ie: tube against the Jeep, tube on the outside of the flare, with some cross-bracing done with tube. Should be reasonably strong even if I don't find a way to tie it into the chassis. Some day, I will have the time, money, energy, and access to tools to do it. :D

Also, how hard would it be to tie in a fairlead mount like you built into your bumper? I have a JCR prerunner winch bumper, and that's really the only thing I don't like on it...instead of having the fairlead mount built in/integrated with the bumper, they give you two little brackets that bolt between the winch and bumper and stick out the front for the fairlead. It looks...unfinished and I like the way you did your fairlead mount.

Last edited:
That's fairly similar to my "plans"except I was thinking of doing a double wall tube set up, ie: tube against the Jeep, tube on the outside of the flare, with some cross-bracing done with tube. Should be reasonably strong even if I don't find a way to tie it into the chassis. Some day, I will have the time, money, energy, and access to tools to do it. :D

Also, how hard would it be to tie in a fairlead mount like you built into your bumper? I have a JCR prerunner winch bumper, and that's really the only thing I don't like on it...instead of having the fairlead mount built in/integrated with the bumper, they give you two little brackets that bolt between the winch and bumper and stick out the front for the fairlead. It looks...unfinished and I like the way you did your fairlead mount.

do you have a pic of how your fairlead and bumper are done, I can make a failead mount for you if you have a way to weld it on when you get it, also, I made templates for this bumper this morning so now I should be able to knock one out really easy now, I might even look into what it takes to ship them, if it is not too much hassle then I will ship them. I would rather keep this thread as tech, I did not start it to do sales, people can pm me back channel for that stuff or go to my vender threads and ask, this was just to get feedback on the design and good ol BS with the guys

Last edited:
It looks great Richard! I love it! Thanks for going the extra mile with the installation. I can't wait to get home and see it in person.

That's a very nice looking bumper. I might have considered going that route instead of my JCR if prices were similar. Like the way it looks, like the placement of the winch and fairlead mount...excellent work!

Back