• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Thread: 2.8L of Doom!

you can wheel a stock D30 hard on 35's if you aren't a moron.

of course the 2.8 doesn't exactly have axle snapping torque, so maybe you can get stupid with it.

I ran 34" LTBs on my 01, they were great at everything except on the road. Typical Swamper on-road.

Every station plays Swamper Song once you go Interco :D

Great, now I need to figure out if I'm cool enough for the 35" crowd... this wheeling stuff is complicated.

What ya going to do when we all move up to 38's :rof:

Do it...I would like to see how those LTB's do....they will rule the cliffs I bet......

Ram" Wheeling with the 2.8 l of doom is a blast"Rod

Wow, I feel a little kooler after reading this. Thanks,

The 34 LTB is one of the best off road tires for an XJ, not too wide, not too skinny, just all around good performance besides the street but it's an Interco tire

My 35s cruised at 70 mph just fine. It was the roundest interco product I've ever owned.

Everything is always wet down here.... They ruled windrock

I loved my skinny swampers, but if you wheel in the rocks you're gonna tear fist sized lugs off the outside.

What ya going to do when we all move up to 38's :rof:

Do it...I would like to see how those LTB's do....they will rule the cliffs I bet......

Ram" Wheeling with the 2.8 l of doom is a blast"Rod

I'll be forced to buy Rockwells and step up to 54's. :D

Got the LTB's on order, now I just need to wait... maybe I'll even stick my 33's back on.

5uperehu.jpg

Might as well update this.

:greensmok
15668496285_704a7c94b2_z.jpg

15484618890_bebc39b37a_z.jpg

15049450834_538d85ba6c_z.jpg

Got some more parts to go on. Swapped in a different 8.25 with 4.56 gears. I need to weld on my Artec truss and get the front axle in as well. Pretty soon I want to start on my 3.4L swap. Hoping... hoping... to have that done for WF.

Wow looks great.....lets get those tires dirty this weekend...We are putting a "shop trip" together for Saturday at the cliffs...you guys are always welcome...give me a call or come to the shop Thursday.......

Ram" the cliffs is going to be sloppy this weekend" Rod......

Back