• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget lift leaf springs???

good to hear. alot better info then the first setup i tried on on an older xj i did.

If you are going to replace the main leaf grab the main out of a dodge van, you'll end up with a better shackle angle.

so what your saying< is i can use my flat springs and make a bigger pack or use more leafs, I can still get good flex and lift with what i have. my xj sits about an 1.5" to 2" lower than stock. the front is the same.:confused1:confused1:confused1

Everything is relative, but I would argue that a bastard pack made of 10 used/soft/flat leaves would usually be better than a pack made of 4 or 5 new/stiff/arched leaves. It will likely flex better, provide better support for each leaf and work better over a longer period of time.

Leaves are ment to work together, the more of them there are in the pack the better they work together.

If you could build a 10 leaf pack with the same "lift" as a 5 leaf pack I would do it.

Michael

Back