• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bought a Dana 44... now what?

Where in Nor Cal?

you can find much cheaper disc options. i just got crown vic rear disc hardware for mr 44 for $35 minus the discs. the JY is a wonderful thing. the 8.8 discs are also good. $130 shipped isnt that good of a price

are you gonna run 4wd? if so what kinda axle? d30 only goes up to 4.88's, and that pinion is TINY on 4.88.

as far as truss's.... ive been making mine out of 1.5" DOM tubing lately, got a bender?

do not forget about breather or brake lines.... i tap for npt-> AN fittings for the breather, but thats mildly excessive.

when welding to axle housings... you probably want to use a 220v machine, as opposed to 110v. also dont overheat the housing.... it'll noodle on you. weld 1-1.5" at a time, NO MORE.

what wall thickness do you suggest with the 1.5" DOM?

look what came in the mail today :) woot!
6243647523_bfa9d0612d_z.jpg

what do you guys think of this truss design? im thinking its ok but it doesnt account for lateral stress, which i dont really have a plan for thus far. anyways, critiques welcome. also, whats the trick to welding to the case? i remember something about using nickel rods?
6244267242_c30ccd6b15_b.jpg

Back