• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOTWII in 4WD&SU Mag!

Great article, I particularly like the shot of Grant showing off his limiting strap......wait, that's a front brake line?:D

One of the BOD types should write to 4WD & Sport Utility Magazine and thank them for the coverage and kind words.

FarmerMatt said:
Harvest is fun... We're putting out 30 truck & trailer loads of wine grapes to the wineries daily. My record last year was 50 loads in a day. Will also do 10-12 loads of almonds a day. We start to pickup the almonds on Thursday. In our spare time we get to cut & bale 600 acres of alfalfa. Just for giggles will throw in some pistachios since we don't have enough going on, but that won't kick in until we're worn out & tired later in September. Wait I haven't mentioned cotton yet... :wow:

Matt

:eek: :eek: :eek: That sounds like WORK! Hand pick or machine harvest the grapes?

Methinks you're gonna be sampling the "fruits of your labor".....

Jump This said:
I think to be fair to those of us who have yet to meet any of you...you should match screen personas to real names. I have managed (by this thread) to get a few...but I need a list. I'm kinda old fasion in that I still like to relate names to faces!!
I.E. Remi is Ketchup-jar and has the yellow crew cab.
Matt is the guy who walks next to the white XJ with the cool rack.
etc etc

Not a bad question. :) I just got back from a vacation, so I have some catching up to do, and didn't know the article was out already. I'll give the names and sceen names for those who were on the trip, and where they're from. Not all on the trip are regulars on the forums.

Goatman.....Richard Gauthier....CA
FarmerMatt.....Matt Andrew.....CA
Jes.....Jesse Rivers......CA
Jeff 98XJ WI.....Jeff Ayers......WI
Paul S......Paul Sinclair.....CA
Grant.......Grant Barclay......CO
Led......Led Lancos.....CO
Porch Puppy......Andy Couch.....CA
Erik......Erik Mighells.....OR
wrk24wheel......Kevin Marcus......CA
Borton.....Brent Orton....UT.....Brent was with us for 21 RD

Not posting here but attending are:
Bill Van Tuyl.....WA
Mike Jarvis......WI

Remi is still waiting for me to do a write up on last year's Best of the West trip. I'll see if I can find time to do a little recap of both years so he can post something. :)

We appreciate the coverage of our trips, and we're glad to get some exposure for NAXJA. Thanks to Kevin McNulty for this years coverage in 4Wheel and Sport Utility, and to Verne Simmons for last years article in JP Mag.

Thanks RIchard :) Now to llight some fire under you, I got couple days ago a writeup for this one :D I just haven't had the time to get it posted :(

Kejtar

Re: NOT funny Remi.....

YELLAHEEP said:
YELLOW! :eek: I better not find my rig flattened by Matt's rig with Jenni at the wheel! :D

Matt and Jenni, whatever Remi tells you, just remember that there's no way he's gonna get 35's under his by October :rolleyes: - so don't flatten anything with those size tires and we'll all be happy! :D

(Sorry Remi - had to go there ;) )

Troy
Yellaheep, not to worry. If your rig is not going the wrong way, there will be little chance it will be confused with... er...well...you know.:D

T (U.T.T.) BENT :D

Finally got my copy, why does it take so long to get to south Texas? Great work guys, looks like a blast. Sorry I couldn't make it. Richard, keep me posted for BOTWIII, thanks.

JnJ said:
Finally got my copy, why does it take so long to get to south Texas? Great work guys, looks like a blast. Sorry I couldn't make it. Richard, keep me posted for BOTWIII, thanks.

We're considering another run in the AZ and SoCal desert, maybe in late March or April. We really want to include Surprise Canyon as part of the next trip, but that access issue probably won't be resolved yet by then. We still want to run the Indy trails in CO, to shut up those no-show CO boys :D , and we'd run the Montrose trails again anytime, but we think the CO boys should come to us this time around........IF they're up to it. :)

There are some newer, bad ass trails in AZ that we can run, plus maybe hit a trail in Parker, and then maybe a couple of trails in JV again. Those of us here in CA run JV regularly, but we'll still go there anytime, and it would be great for those of you from out of the area who haven't run there yet. Maybe One Ton would even make it......NAW!!!! :D

Actually the CO gang likes to keep the best trails for themselves, you will have to wait at least a couple years before we show you Indy or Carnage Canyon .

Grant said:
Actually the CO gang likes to keep the best trails for themselves, you will have to wait at least a couple years before we show you Indy or Carnage Canyon .

Well, you keep getting included in our ration of crap to the CO guys, but you're the one who shows up!!! :)

You made the trip to JV already. We need to get some of those big, bad (in the garage), CO rigs out to run some tough trails. :D

Maybe I am just a sucker for punishment :)

I am trying to plan a Nov trip to CA for some racing in San Diego, might just have to drag the Jeep to JV as we pass by.

Grant said:
Maybe I am just a sucker for punishment :)

I am trying to plan a Nov trip to CA for some racing in San Diego, might just have to drag the Jeep to JV as we pass by.

I'd like to look at the weekend before Thanksgiving again for a JV trip. I'm trying to work out being there all day on Friday. I'll verify that and get the word out. What weekend are you coming to San Diego?

Goatman said:
Well, you keep getting included in our ration of crap to the CO guys, but you're the one who shows up!!! :)
Uh Hello??? Hey Grant do you find it amazing these Cali guys Have 10 times the amout of peaple in thier state but only had 3 times as many peaple show up??
Led

Led said:
Uh Hello??? Hey Grant do you find it amazing these Cali guys Have 10 times the amout of peaple in thier state but only had 3 times as many peaple show up??
Led

Now there's some logic for 'ya. :rolleyes:

:D :D

Back