• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borla Header failure

borla has replaced a header and 2 mufflers (both of with were caused by a gutted cat said THEM) but they replaced everything with no questions and no receipt...the header blew out right around the O2 bung...and one muffler cracked right across the case and the other on a front edge...

i was told that the header wrap would probably do that and the gutted cat caused the mufflers ...

borla has replaced a header and 2 mufflers (both of with were caused by a gutted cat said THEM) but they replaced everything with no questions and no receipt...the header blew out right around the O2 bung...and one muffler cracked right across the case and the other on a front edge...

i was told that the header wrap would probably do that and the gutted cat caused the mufflers ...

Cool story, bro.

LOL...please refrain from posting your stories about running a gutted cat. Not only does it automatically require a deduction of 100 IQ points, but it also damages our view in the eyes of those who want to shut down off-roading trails.

Thanks for your generous contribution to the Sierra Club...

Awesome first post and first nomination! :doh:

Did he say he was running with a gutted cat or that Borla said the muffler failure was caused by a gutted cat?

I'm not really sure, for that matter I'm not sure he's sure. That would require conscious, coherent thought.

this cat stuff is getting out of hand, he clearly said borla accused him of running a gutted cat, and you guys are ready to give him an infraction over sharing his experience? get over it, it does nothing to help the sierra club.

gutting a cat is just cruel. I think we should give him an infraction for animal cruelty instead

I would probably crap a gutted cat if I spent that kind of $ on a header and it cracked like that!!! My APN is going on 2 yrs with no problems, but guess what, who cares if it does go now? I got my $ worth a long time ago. Thats crappy

FWIW my borla blew because the cat melted because too much fuel got in there because the coil was on it's way out and didn't fire like it was supposed to and when it did (BOOM)! Welcome to NAXJA--if you're a true Jeep head, your skin is thick, and you'll enjoy it here.

gutting a cat is just cruel. I think we should give him an infraction for animal cruelty instead

If you hit them just right with a .223 HP you can gut them cleanly.

Both, of course.

Come on guys his name is bigdummy! What else can you expect from somebody with a name like that?:doh:

My Borla headers are wrapped. I blew out a bung a little over a year. I had Midas weld in a steel one. I have several leaks somewhere. I was thinking it was at the exhaust gasket, but then started to think it might be coming from somewhere else. After reading this post, I think I might have other cracks in the Borla.

I have done a lot of research on the Header Debate. I am going to go with Clifford Performance with the ceramic coating. I am not going to wrap them except after the collector where it will go from ceramic to stainless.

Any thought on this?

I hate to spend so much time and money building a system to find out later that something took a sh*t.

Hmm....

Concerned.

Actually I'd like to hear more on anything with experiences from others with cliffords headers (if any) since they're the only company that I found that has a dual outlet header. I'm assuming at this point that the design should be much more resistant to cracking because the stress is split between the two banks of the header. I was going to email them on tube thickness and the type of welds they use.

Back