• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostwerks Build Thread V2.0

Looking good as always! :D

Damn that looks nice! I want that belly pan!!

Well i get that but with all the fab skills, it would seem prudent to move the exhaust so that your anti-wrap is doing its job to the best of its ability. I'm just web-wheeling though as I've still never gotten around to building one myself. My rear leafs are definitely proof of that.

why would it matter what side you put it on? It still resists the rotational forces the same way regardless of what side of the pumpkin it's welded to

I've had it on each side.

Passenger side will combat torque lean. Drivers side will compound it.

It is definitely more beneficial to have it on the passenger side if at all possible.

Thanks for the props fellas!

As for the traction bar location, I agree with Mopar in that the general rule of thumb is to try and have it on the passenger side. However, there are a lot of other factors involved. For one, the bar is a little over 3' long (longer the better IMO). This allows the chassis to have more "power" over controlling the axle VS the wrap affecting the chassis. Also the bar is roughly ~8" from the chassis' center line compared to say 20" on some other builds. This will also reduce the tendency for torque lean, as well as helping protect the DS.

In other words, the bar probably won't lessen torque lean, but it shouldn't really make it worse either.

Simply limiting axle wrap and DS protection are my only goals with this bar. I've already killed a set of leafs and pinion bearings due to severe wrap.

This build is ridiculous. Amazing work man.

Its been a while so I figured I'd post some updates (or lack thereof)...

A little over a month ago, I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled which was just fun and dandy. A few weeks later I noticed I had a blood clot in my hand where the IV was, which has resulted in some fawesome forearm pain. Doctor tells me it's nothing serious, but may take 3-6 months to go away. Sooo I've been trying to take it easy while my body does it's thing.

I was really hoping to have this thing back on the road by this spring, but life has had other plans. Oh well. :)

Last edited:
Back