• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BLACKLIST! Advanced 4 Wheel Drive Repair in Castle Rock

There's nothing lazy or cheap about wanting a second opinion or professional opinion on what may be wrong with you vehicle. I just had my wife's car looked at by a shop (for free) because I couldn't figure out what was making noise on her suspension (damn BMW's), had a guess, but didn't want to throw money at a guess. They give you a free diagnostic with the hope you'll get it fixed there, get one of those other problems they always seem to find fixed there, or at least leave happy and recommend them. If they're prices are outrageous (such as these were) and they're service is borderline illegal, they obviously won't be getting your business or a referral. Businesses that treat their customers like crap deserve to be put out of business- to bad the BBB is so worthless...

I appreciate the heads up and will make sure to avoid them

Hey now... Jonathan, I was born in Detroit. I love it there.

I agreed that the shop owner was a douche with trying those back handed tactics of trying to keep your Jeep there. People like that give other shop owners a bad name. I think you handled it the right way in standing up to him and not signing anything I just don't agree that it was the right thing to take it there with the idea already in your head of not paying them to fix the problem.

I will concede that I do not know you as well as these guys but I was basing my assumption that you were being lazy off your own post. Maybe cheap would have been a better word? (I know I am a cheap bastard sometimes :greensmok)

Anyway I never like to stir the pot this much on NAXJA I like this club as a whole and enjoy reading all the chapters not just the Midwest. Somethings just rub me the wrong way and this did. My goal wasen't to offend just point out my views on the subject.

no worries. I don't even own an Xj anymore, so I was kinda suprised the back up I got. My name on here has since been converted to Alyssa, the 16 year old cheerleader. ;).

My plan was to have them find the issue and fix it myself, as horrible as that sounds. I was just to lazy to check the axle shaft joints and I swore the noise was coming from the shaft. Already picked up the u joint and I'm gonna get it fixed this weekend :). Forgot to mention, they wanted 395 to replace my steering stabilizer with some pro comp one.... 30 dollar part, 365 labor for that!!??

I dont agree with anything they were trying to soak you for, but Most mechanics get paid on flat rate, and a free inspection does not put food onto his or his childrens plates. I would not expect any of my techs to diagnose a car for free just to have the owner take it home and fix it himself. I leave it up to my techs to decide what and what they arent going to do for free. But this shop sounds horrible and so do their tactics.

Advertising "free diagnostics check" is an open door for guys like me who have the knowledge but can't find the issue. Paying some mechanic 390 to change a radiator hose doesn't put food on my kids plate either. Dog eat dog world right now and everyones in for the ride.

What does that have to do with you being too lazy and responsible to make sure your Jeep is working properly and safe to drive on the road? Nothing. Point is you brought your Jeep to a shop that specializes in 4x4 and we all know those automotive shops charge more. Coming here to call for a NAXJA wide black list just makes you seem like a child on top of your already proven laziness.

BS post of the year. Go play in your own sandbox.

The mechanic wouldn't be paid the 390$ either, he'd get maybe 18-22$/hr for what the job called for. Radiator hose is probably .5hrs so figure the mechanic would get 10$ for it before tax.

Got her all done.

24 Dollars for a Precision U joint from Checker with lifetime warranty
0 Dollars labor
26 Dollars for new front pads (when we had it all pulled off, the brake pads were paper thin.)
0 Dollars labor

Grand total: 50 bux! no more hum or clicking and brakes work well again. There is NOTHING wrong with my Master Cylinder confirmed with my friend, an ASE Cert mechanic.

X2...SE Michigan (Go BLUE!)...

hail to the victors, hail to the victors, hail hail to Michigan...

And hey, Alyssa, I "saved the date"!

Coastle ur a little bit** not all of us have a shop of our own to work in or welders and some times others need help with shit in person not over the Internet. And as far as the shop goose I would do the same thing and tell everyone I could to not go there do use a favor and go cry to ur mom

Ok, after talking with the owner... He's a really awesome guy. Wants to make this right. The guy who I worked with is being repremanded and the owner wants to make things right for me being treated like that. He's even offering free work on my jeep to make up for it. It just took one bad apple to totally ruin it for me. Anyways, I'm meeting with the owner tonight and he's gonna personallly look at my jeep. Ill keep u guys updated. But it seems like the owner is truly sorry for his sales guy, and will do whatever it takes to make it right. They have my business again, when the time comes

Ok, after talking with the owner... He's a really awesome guy. Wants to make this right. The guy who I worked with is being repremanded and the owner wants to make things right for me being treated like that. He's even offering free work on my jeep to make up for it. It just took one bad apple to totally ruin it for me. Anyways, I'm meeting with the owner tonight and he's gonna personallly look at my jeep. Ill keep u guys updated. But it seems like the owner is truly sorry for his sales guy, and will do whatever it takes to make it right. They have my business again, when the time comes

Thanks for posting the update. Most people would likely have just left that part out. It's nice to see that the owner is stepping up and doing the right thing.
:party:

Well sweet. Let us know how it goes.

That pretty damn cool to hear Jonathan.

Please be sure to ask him how he found out about this thread.

If thing go well for you and you walk away comfortable that the issue truely was just that idiot service representative, I wanna know. I get quite a few folks asking me if I can fix their Jeeps or wanting referrals for places down this way - it'd be cool to be able to refer this shop.

Back