• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BLACKLIST! Advanced 4 Wheel Drive Repair in Castle Rock

A friend had a similar problem with a Cheyenne Wyoming shop that is for some odd reason no longer in business. His cure for their BS...call the state attorney general’s office and file a complaint. Have your documentation ready and let them hang this dweeb. I might even go so far as to send someone in with a problem after getting their vehicle checked and any problems documented at another RELIABLE shop. I would also record the conversation and any future conversations with this shop. This is legal in my state and may be in Colorado as well. If the a**wipe tried to keep my vehicle I would also show up with a cop and have him explain his sh&t to the authorities. I seriously doubt he can legally impound a vehicle he does not own and has no legal ownership of.

The main reasons that everyone one here does their own wrenching is because of A cost and B cant trust anyone to do a good job. I find it kind of sad that there is so much dishonesty out there in the repair industry. Just a symptom of a deeper problem with our society I guess.

You deserved everything you got.

I agree, its the price you pay for owning a TJ :D

Just replace the U-Joint. I highly doubt a brand new shaft with a brand new u-joint is cheaper than the u-joint alone. And all you should really need to replace it is some good snap-ring pliers, a big C-Clamp (if a bench vice or press aren't available), and some sockets. U-Joints are an easy item to fix. And yes, it should be fine until Saturday.

I agree, its the price you pay for owning a TJ :D

Just replace the U-Joint. I highly doubt a brand new shaft with a brand new u-joint is cheaper than the u-joint alone. And all you should really need to replace it is some good snap-ring pliers, a big C-Clamp (if a bench vice or press aren't available), and some sockets. U-Joints are an easy item to fix. And yes, it should be fine until Saturday.

Right on. I'm getting the new d windows put on today then picking up the u joint for 24 bux ;).

Heres the price list as they wrote it up... and this is all TRUTH... I have not changed any of the prices.

Left front U joint axle shaft replacement: 450
Right front u joint axle shaft replacement: 450
Master cylinder replacement: 879
Radiator hose replacement: 349
New brake pads : 430
New rotors: 330

Wow. Let's see, in order:
Ujoint (not shaft assemblies) about $30/ea. 3.3 hours labor for both sides.
Master cylinder $50. 1.3 labor
Radiator hose $20. .7
Brake pads $15-50. Usual brake job labor is around 1-1.5 per axle, pads rotors and whatever else.
Rotors $40-60.

That's really bad. They can't hold your vehicle, either- sometimes I'll have a writer make the customer sign a liability release waiver if something is truly unsafe but we cannot force them to fix it.

Wow...I had them do an oil change once (I KNOW!!! I was in a hurry and wanted a beer why THEY did the work). I asked them to look into a rattle on the tire swing...came back and the oil change was done and they added a shim to the swing for no charge.

Wife's uncle took his Willie's in their for some radiator work...had to take it back 4 times before they got it right, but they did make it right finally.

Everytime I drive by, its empty so I wonder if this is a result of no work? I believe this is the same guy that owns the place over on 85 (can't remember the name...big white building I think).

You're thinking of all American 4wd repair on Santa fe. I called both previous to this ordeal and they both offered the "free diagnosis". Could be the same guy. Who knows. No more shops from me unless it's Pride Auto Repair on 8080 S. Broadway in Littleton. My buddy works there and they have all custom built their own rigs craigslist style. My fiancé Karen works with the owners wife. I let them do mount my wheels yesterday and look at my u joint. Very professional and down to earth, meaning, they know a jeeps a jeep... Not a Mercedes bens.

and you live in michigan...

What does that have to do with you being too lazy and responsible to make sure your Jeep is working properly and safe to drive on the road? Nothing. Point is you brought your Jeep to a shop that specializes in 4x4 and we all know those automotive shops charge more. Coming here to call for a NAXJA wide black list just makes you seem like a child on top of your already proven laziness.

Dude, You're not part of this chapter. Don't be coming in here, calling someone lazy when you have no idea who they really are.

Get out of here.

Hey man I just call it like I see it. If he didn't want feed back (good or bad) he shouldn't have posted it on a forum.

I agree that the shop owner was out of his mind in charging those prices and then pressuring him to keep his Jeep there like that but the idea of going and taking the shops time to find out what is wrong with your Jeep and then not compensating them for that is just a lo sleezy thing to do. In my mind he got what he deserved, a free diagnosis just cost him a plate full of BS.

A. If he had wanted the entirety of Naxja to know bout this he would have posted elsewhere, but he didn't. He posted in a local forum for a reason for locals to comment and be warned, so go find something to do with your time and don't waste ours.

B. I don't call wanting to get an "experts" opinion lazy...after you stare at your own jeep for so long its easy to imagine problems.

Ok not gonna trash the OP, so go easy on me for not living in CO

I would be willing to drive to you, fix all the problems listed, and it would still cost less than half of what those guys wanted

We aren't going to trash you because you aren't coming in here and calling someone lazy and deserving of everything.

What does that have to do with you being too lazy and responsible to make sure your Jeep is working properly and safe to drive on the road? Nothing. Point is you brought your Jeep to a shop that specializes in 4x4 and we all know those automotive shops charge more. Coming here to call for a NAXJA wide black list just makes you seem like a child on top of your already proven laziness.

Fact is, you don't know me enough to call me lazy.

Also, there are chapters for a reason. If this shop was in Michigan then maybe this would concern you.

If you're an angry person looking to take off some steam then go burn a few tires and leave us alone.

But again I kinda feel for you... I'd hate my life if I lived in Michigan to. ;)

I agreed that the shop owner was a douche with trying those back handed tactics of trying to keep your Jeep there. People like that give other shop owners a bad name. I think you handled it the right way in standing up to him and not signing anything I just don't agree that it was the right thing to take it there with the idea already in your head of not paying them to fix the problem.

I will concede that I do not know you as well as these guys but I was basing my assumption that you were being lazy off your own post. Maybe cheap would have been a better word? (I know I am a cheap bastard sometimes :greensmok)

Anyway I never like to stir the pot this much on NAXJA I like this club as a whole and enjoy reading all the chapters not just the Midwest. Somethings just rub me the wrong way and this did. My goal wasen't to offend just point out my views on the subject.

Back