• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black Steel Wheels

ajporter03

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1993 XJ 4.0 auto, stock. I want to get some aftermarket steel wheels, but I am not sure where to go to get the best deal. And I am not sure what bolt pattern and back spacing I need. All I know is that I want some 15X8's. I plan on keeping my setup mostly stock for a while. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Most aftermarket wheels have a lot less backspacing than your stock wheels. This will make the tires stickout further. AR767's from American Racing are available in a "cherokee" back spacing that is close to the stock configuration. Around here at Discount Tire they run somewhere under $40 a wheel. Carefull because shipping can eat up any savings. Also here at Discount Tire, if you buy the rims they will swap your tires for free and you only pay for a balance. Between shipping and mounting that can add up to over $10 per wheel.

Mine are 15x8 3.75" backspacing with 31s. got them from summitracing.com. I'm happy with them so far. $40 a wheel. oh yeah and free shipping.

20050320183657_Wobbles%20364e.jpg

Yeah, the black 15 x 8 rims are around $40 or so new. You should be able to find them used many times for alot less. Your stock 15 x 7 stock rims will work with 31x10.50x15 tires and aftermarket lower control arms. They will work with the stock lower control arms too, they will just rub a little more. Check here or on Pirate for the rims and in your local paper. You have a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern found on all the modern Jeeps like the YJ, TJ, ZJ, XJ, MJ, WJ etc. Some of them are 16" rims but should still be the 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern.

I got black wheels for a Ford Ranger. 15x6, 3.75" back spacing. Hard to bend, but you have to grind the nubs off the inside to fit the hub. I found a set of 5 for $150 at a tire discount place. I'm trading my 5 matching stock wheels for mnt/bal of all 5. The finish is exceptional, but I'll spray paint to match my truck. I'm building towards 33xnarrow tires that hum. I'm running a 3" lift front and 4" rear on 31s. Coil spacers coming with TJ Flares.
I also like the look of wider wheels/tires but I don't like the idea of having the weight so far out from the bearings on stock axles.

Back