• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

True that!

gears? who needs gears? I have a go pedal! If I do not go where I want to, I push it harder! :gee:

(I'm gearing the next rig, but the rotbox beatermobile 96 is staying 3.55s till it dies)

I never had a problem with my stock 3.55's. I had 32's when I bought it so I dident notice to much, then put 33's on and still nothing. But not that I boosted the rig to 5.5"s now Im like holy cow im getting bogged down on the highway like to other now. So I think its time to rethink gearing lol. But Im trying to hold out till summer when Im going to drop money on a D44 front and rear from G2 built and ready to just throw straight under the jeep.

My 32's didnt need regearing... my 35's... do. But I need money for it.

You also got a hell of deal on everything used. And when those kinds of deals pop up in the matter of the first 20min there already spoke for lol

Yeah I have heard that before. Won't be surprised if Matt and David chime in here soon. Although I did get everything cheap, it also took me over 2 years to collect all the parts.

I re-geared for less than $400, you just have to keep your eyes open for the deals!:speepin:
Yeah, you can get 4.10s for that if you are lucky... including new axles.

You could probably get the parts for 4.56s or 4.88s for that with a d30+8.25, but then tools+experience or labor would push it over the edge...

Yeah, you can get 4.10s for that if you are lucky... including new axles.

You could probably get the parts for 4.56s or 4.88s for that with a d30+8.25, but then tools+experience or labor would push it over the edge...

Rear axle with 4.56's $100
Front Carrier $30
Front 4.56's $50
Install Kit $80
Labor for front install $100

Grand total for my 4.56's $360 dollars.

I was gonna say, how the hell did you pick up a rear with 4.56s for 100 bucks? Unless it's a d35 or something that is highway robbery! :roflmao:

I re-geared for less than $400, you just have to keep your eyes open for the deals!:speepin:

X2
Once upon a time, I scored a trussed Super35 (alloy shafts, Detroit, gears) and a matching D30 gearset and carrier for free (traded a bone stock, wheeled on, Dturdy5 straight across... guy wanted to downsize his Jeep).

....my 3rd ex-wife's brother in law.........

Back