• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

Opinions are just that... opinions. I think they are dumb. Rock rigs take a lot more work to actually go OVER rocks.... all mud trucks need to do is go 20mph and run through a mud puddle.... sounds tough..

no, ill give it to em, they go thro some nasty chit, and those rigs are very built...

but they are gay....very gay...

oh wait, it all makes sense now...:wow:

and which of those dbag driven trucks can be used as a truck?
which one doesnt ride like absolute ass
which one would you feel safe driving down the freeway at speed?
which one isnt gay?

neither

/discussion

1. Depends on what you mean by "used as a truck." Neither can hall anything safely. But they'll drive through/over mud pits, lakes, cars, better than any of our Jeeps can even dream to.
2. Those aren't built to ride nice. Kinda like our Jeeps.
3. I wouldn't feel safe driving those at highway speed. Nor would I feel safe driving a rockcrawler at highway speed.
4. Personal opinion. I like em.

Yall hate on the mud rigs left and right, and I can't figure out why. I mean yeah, they're not DD material... they're built specifically for MUD, hence they're called mud trucks, mudders, etc. Our Jeeps, built for rock crawling, are the same fawkin thing, just built for different terrain. A mildly built crawler can be used fine as a DD, and so can a mildly built mudder. Saying shit like "who the fawk needs 30" of lift and 54" boggers" makes you look just as dumb as the ricer saying "who the fawk needs 3" of lift and 31" mud tires." For ricers, 31s are monstrous, and they have absolutely no use for em, but a lot of guys on here like em a lot. 30" lift and 54" tires have no place in the rockcrawling world, just as 3" and 31's have no place in the mudding world.

I'm sorry Mason, but you're just so mis-informed if you think those 30" lift leafs could support a truck running rockwells and equally rediculous sized tires for anything other than showing off at the mall. The sheer weight of the tires and rockwells would break those leafs right at the base of the spring eye if used in the mud with a high-hp engine.

Those are strictly show leaf packs and I'd imagine the spring shop that make 'em probably required the buyer to sign a release of liability with strict wording protecting the manufacturer.

All those pics you posted show big lifts obtained partly from lift leaf packs and partly from drastically relocated and heavilly braced shackle mounts on the frames.

i see your point and counter with this.....

truggy has been driven from springs to BV at speed. troy even drove it around town for shits and grins.
HeepII and HeepIII made long distance trips safely at speed. and were all purpose built for trails. so your point is invalid

LOL... Mike, the rock equivalent of the mud rigs I posted would be things like comp buggies, rigs with Detriots and 'tons on both ends running 42" meats. Try driving something like that on the road.

Rock rigs take a lot more work to actually go OVER rocks.... all mud trucks need to do is go 20mph and run through a mud puddle.... sounds tough..

Oh ya think? Go find yourself a good patch of mud and try and drive through it. Gimme a call when ya get stuck cause you don't have the power to push through it, the tires to pull the rig through it, the lift to clear the tires, and the suspension to hold it all together. It takes just as much engineering to build those suspensions as it does a crawler, just different kinds.
You, sir, should pull your head out of your ass.

I'm sorry Mason, but you're just so mis-informed if you think those 30" lift leafs could support a truck running rockwells and equally rediculous sized tires for anything other than showing off at the mall. The sheer weight of the tires and rockwells would break those leafs right at the base of the spring eye if used in the mud with a high-hp engine.

Those are strictly show leaf packs and I'd imagine the spring shop that make 'em probably required the buyer to sign a release of liability with strict wording protecting the manufacturer.

All those pics you posted show big lifts obtained partly from lift leaf packs and partly from drastically relocated and heavilly braced shackle mounts on the frames.

I see your point, I'm talking more about rigs with 30" lift rather than those 30" lift springs... if that makes sense lol.

no, ill give it to em, they go thro some nasty chit, and those rigs are very built...

but they are gay....very gay...

oh wait, it all makes sense now...:wow:

.!.:D.!.

All this hatin' on guys that like to run their rigs in the mud is getting a little silly.

Yeah, the majority of us don't get even the slightest thrill outta mud bashing. Fine. Let's not go droping verbs, belittling those that DO like mudding. It's all a form of automotive enthusiasm and yeah, Mason's right....... those southern boys don't have our mountains or rocks....... so they go mudding since that's what they have available to play in.

Given the choice of automotive hobbies out there....... mudding would be at the very bottom simply because of the amount of vehicle cleaning and maintenance required after each use. Even if I lived on 5 acres and had a huge Hotsy pressure washer....... not my idea of fun.

Exactly what I came here to post.

Those leafs are simply too arched. The axle will wrap horribly and have no lateral stability, I bet you could see it move forward if you got on the gas a bit. It would chew up driveshafts and ujoints like charris bowers if you tried to drive it, let alone play in the mud.

I don't hate on well built mud trucks. I hate on redneck retard shit that shows up on the scary steering page - badly built, worthless vehicles that will run terribly or break at the drop of a hat.

LOL... Mike, the rock equivalent of the mud rigs I posted would be things like comp buggies, rigs with Detriots and 'tons on both ends running 42" meats. Try driving something like that on the road.
The rigs that run koh do desert racing at high speed and then do some of the nastiest trails in the U.S. I'd have no problem taking one of those rigs on the highway at speed.

The rigs that run koh do desert racing at high speed and then do some of the nastiest trails in the U.S. I'd have no problem taking one of those rigs on the highway at speed.

Would it be safe to say you'd like to clarify that statement by ending it with "BEFORE it's used in a race." ???? I don't think I'd wanna hit the highway AFTER a KOH race.........

:D

Oh ya think? Go find yourself a good patch of mud and try and drive through it. Gimme a call when ya get stuck cause you don't have the power to push through it, the tires to pull the rig through it, the lift to clear the tires, and the suspension to hold it all together. It takes just as much engineering to build those suspensions as it does a crawler, just different kinds.
You, sir, should pull your head out of your ass.

You really think there is as much engineering in a mud truck as in a high end rock crawler? Believe me, i've been around both versions of high end mud trucks and high end rockcrawlers and BELIEVE me there isn't 1/100th of the engineering most times in say a competition mud truck as there is in a comp crawler or KOH rig.

I'll give it to them they play with the medium they have. We have rocks, they have mud. BUT, it takes MUCH MUCH more sophistication to build a GOOD rock crawler than a GOOD mud truck, and a LOT more driving skill. (Much of what I said came straight from the mouth of some mudguys when I was in Texas for the WERock Grand Nationals a couple years back).

Oh, and mudtrucks tend be some of the most n*gger-rigged piles of absolute sh*t I've ever seen too very honestly. Some of the "fabrication" I saw on some of the mudtrucks literally made my jaw drop it was so scary.

Either way...I got a kick out of it :D

... that gives me an idea... wonder if I can get my company to give me cash for what my flight home in a few weeks would cost, then buy a cheap rot free XJ/MJ here and patch it up and drive it home instead of flying.

cl here I come

:read: :compwork:

Would it be safe to say you'd like to clarify that statement by ending it with "BEFORE it's used in a race." ???? I don't think I'd wanna hit the highway AFTER a KOH race.........

:D
Good point. They beat the tar out of those rigs.

Back