• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

I saw that thing going down the road the other day! It is beautiful, thats for sure!

But $12,000 beautiful?

In this economy.......... not likely, but when you figure it's a truely unrestored 2dr and under 30K miles....... there's a TON of life left in that rig and it'd sure make one very cool tow rig. Think of what you'd spend on a 1/2 ton truck that 5+ years old and out of warranty.......

There's definitely cool factor involved in it's value. Not to everyone of course, but this guy sure digs it. :thumbup:

In this economy.......... not likely, but when you figure it's a truely unrestored 2dr and under 30K miles....... there's a TON of life left in that rig and it'd sure make one very cool tow rig. Think of what you'd spend on a 1/2 ton truck that 5+ years old and out of warranty.......

Agreed. A 10+ year old F250 with 200k on it will go for 13k

What? I wouldnt even pay 13k for a brand new ford... let alone a 10+ year old :D

You guys crack me up!

First: Danny, what is the most you have paid for ANY vehicle purchase? I think my record is $5K for a cherry, '78 (?) CJ-7. My ex sold it for $500 after she had the title in her name.

Second: I've worked on a few of those full size jeeps from the early and late '70s. Work on a few emission-carbed vehicles, you'll kiss the next EFI you see...even a RENIX!

Third: I've noticed among all the brands I've owned and driven, they all tend to wear out, break down, empty the gas tank, and dirty the oil. I've also noticed that they all have a lemon or two in the line-up.

You guys crack me up! I've worked on a few of those full size jeeps from the early and late '70s. Work on a few emission-carbed vehicles, you'll kiss the next EFI you see...even a RENIX!

Third: I've noticed among all the brands I've owned and driven, they all tend to wear out, break down, empty the gas tank, and dirty the oil. I've also noticed that they all have a lemon or two in the line-up.

Quoted for thruth!!

What in the heck would ya use this for?

'74 Blazer with TWO 455 engines, Toronado transmissions, front/rear steering....... :eek:

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/1936164116.html

eltoro005.jpg

eltoro006.jpg

Independant front/rear suspension, CV short shafts and the engines aren't synchronized to each other in any way.......... 2 gas pedals???? It's not tall enough for a mud runner, drive train (axle/suspension) isn't strong enough for much off road, dunno if you could get lockers in those transaxles....... :dunno:

Ok, he's looking for an XJ "rolling chassis".......... but would prefer it have interior and driveline........ HUH? :dunno: What is it that he DOESN'T need it to have?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1947303561.html

Wanted 99 Jeep Cherokee Rolling Chassis - $1000 (Denver)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-09-10, 3:52PM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for a 1999 Jeep Cherokee rolling chassis. I DO NOT want a grand cherokee. The body needs to be in decent shape and I want a black exterior. The interior in decent shape as well, but not a huge biggie if it isnt. I would prefer it to have a driveline. Must have a clean tittle. Please send pics if availible. Thanks.

LOL
"I want a hamburger... with cheese."

Yella, offer him a completely stripped XJ shell with the driveline parts and interior parts piled up inside :D

It actually looks pretty well assembled... I think it could stand to lose perhaps 12" off the tires though... I bet it would pull wheelies with a 454 on 37's, before that D20 let loose.:)

Back