• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

I was seriously thinking of an SJ about a month ago, until I realized how little the WJ is actually worth anymore.... so the WJ is going back under the knife and getting spiffed up instead. The cummins 4bt is almost enough to give me ADD and make me rethink it, however.

way down, like maybe 40% in the last 2 years.

I was seriously thinking of an SJ about a month ago, until I realized how little the WJ is actually worth anymore.... so the WJ is going back under the knife and getting spiffed up instead. The cummins 4bt is almost enough to give me ADD and make me rethink it, however.

I might be a little biased, but I think you should go with the SJ and 4bt. :wave1:

I knew you'd chime in, Brian... I'll leave the niche to you for now!

Like a moth to a bug zapper, I'm oddly drawn into threads where you start wishing you had an SJ and/or 4BT...

I kinda think you should try to go test drive that thing. You might again realize how loud these things are and that you again don't want one. Or it might sucker you in...

likely the former... I'm getting old and creaky, it seems I like the cushiness of the WJ.

As a former owner of a long arm XJ and long arm WJ i say stay with XJ. I miss the hell out of my XJ, don't miss the WJ at all. Well ok, the v8 is nice but the incurable death wobble sucks. I think a WJ with a budget boost may not be bad but anything bigger than that is just a headache. WJ are a cushy ride though.

I know you and Joe claim the death wobble on a WJ is incurable, but since its the same essential system used in XJ, MJ, TJ, ZJ and JK, just slightly different proportions, that doesn't make any engineering kind of sense. Plus the WJ doesn't have the inverted y steering setup, that is the root of so much of XJ deathwobbles. I'll admit that I have replaced pretty much every soft part in my front end, but I also no longer have a wobble... a klunk, creak, squeek, or two yes, but no wobble. ;) I think my Clayton's kit is bad arse.

I thought I missed my XJ, until I drove yours when it was for sale! If I didn't like your XJ, Eric, I just am no longer XJ material...

Oh see I have learned my lesson about partial builds and the problems it causes lol.. Just look at my sisters jeep. She doesn't really wheel aside form camping or when I take her out. But she is getting long arms, trusses, gussets, new steering box and brace, already has dom/heim steering. I would do the same to a WJ. I used to throw on any part I could as soon as I could. I have now learned that no DW is best had by gathering parts and replacing everything with new bigger better and solid parts at once. Don't leave anything how it was. Rear axle works just like the front, just no steering linkage. Just gotta do it right. and its costly. and takes time. But only way to go

Driving my sisters rig reminds me of just how tiny the inside is. It fits fine when you are used to it. But I have come accustomed to bigger room, and wont go back.

Yep - as soon as I sat down in rockfrog's keep I said to him " I forgot how small they are...". I've been ruined by having more room, and luxury amenities... Maybe I'll just pull a Jim and get me an age appropriate Buick...

Yep - as soon as I sat down in rockfrog's jeep I said to him " I forgot how small they are...". I've been ruined by having more room, and luxury amenities... Maybe I'll just pull a Jim and get me an age appropriate Buick...

Yep - as soon as I sat down in rockfrog's keep I said to him " I forgot how small they are...". I've been ruined by having more room, and luxury amenities... Maybe I'll just pull a Jim and get me an age appropriate Buick...
HAHA ya my girls 4runner isn't as bad as the XJ. But Still rather have more room. I do really want a sunroof though. :D
Just no need for my truck, and I like the SUV better.

I have a sunroof... It leaks and the motor is shot, but I have one...;)

I sat in a 91 4-runner, it was tiny compared to the 90 XJ. My wife's 99 WJ was less roomy(at the drivers seat) than my 90 XJ. Keep smoking whatever it is you are smoking. :)

Hers is a 98. And getting out of it and into the 89 XJ I felt cramped. Part was due to steering wheel placement. and such. That's my experience.

And I prefer edibles :D

Back