• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best looking jeep rims

I like the Ravines so much, I bought a set for my baby sister for Christmas:

Could use a little more meat on em, but they still look great...

Robert

Agreed. ravines are awesome.

2009-05-08003111.jpg

DSC00184-1.jpg

DSC00185-1.jpg

My favorite rims are the stock rims painted black.

I'm also a big fan of the ravines. If they were 16's I would absolutely have a set. But I've always thought 15's looked a tad small on our cherokee's

Alloys are lighter too LOL-main reason Im running them on my heavy arse Toyos.
True that. Unsprung weight blows. I'm pretty sure Soft 8's are like 28lbs a piece. Vs OEM alloy which is right around 20.

I'm also a big fan of the ravines. If they were 16's I would absolutely have a set. But I've always thought 15's looked a tad small on our cherokee's

They look perfect to me up to about a 33.

35s up you're right, the 16" moab fills it out better.

Robert

Yeah, some goober did, like five days ago...

The chunky one with the Jeep logo on one of the spokes. I can't find a pic anywhere... You'd think it would be easy to find. Is there a list of stock Jeep wheels anywhere on the internet??

Oh, wait... Um... nevermind!

:gag:

:D:D:D

Robert

Yeah, I didn't count my own post because I didn't post a pic.

What I really like about those wheels is they are nice and squared off, just like the XJ. I don't like the way the newer wheels with the rounded organic surfaces look on an 80s origami vehicle

WORD! Aluminum will bend and go back to their original(or real close) position. Steelies will not. You bend a steelie and itll leave you resetting a bead on the trail...(ask me how I know)

Aluminum is soft yes but not soft enough to break in half at the spokes LOL. Sure you might spin an alloy on a rock and shave off the finish and a few shavings of aluminum but thats all...Alloys are lighter too LOL-main reason Im running them on my heavy arse Toyos.

blacksmith sledgehammer, air up, and you are on your way. ask me how i know.

try that with aluminum. only thing i don't like about running factory wheels is the backspacing.

...Alloys are lighter too LOL-main reason Im running them on my heavy arse Toyos.
I hear you, my 33x13.5 Toyo M/T's and Soft 8's weigh 110lbs a piece. They actually weigh more than my friends 39's.

Maybe there not stock but you can easily find some in a junk yard
If you read his request, he was asking for stock wheels.

I haven't easily found any black steelies in a junkyard before. I actually think black steelies look terrible if they don't have an agressive offroad tire on them. I've seen a number of small trucks or wranglers with them on, and street tires, and they look pretty terrible, base-model like.

Back