• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best looking jeep rims

5.9 Limited would be a ZJ... thus still 5 on 4.5, if I'm not mistaken.

I like those ZJ limited wheels with the gold "trees" in the cut-outs (for lack of better terminology). Would like to see a pic of those mounted on an XJ...

Wanted to get opinions on the best looking stock jeep rims.. im going to Harry's U Pull it this weekend and was Gonna pick up a set of rims amons lots of other stuff... im really interested in how the rims off of a 5.9 Limited Grand would look on my Green 96 XJ so if anyone has any input and pics, that would be great!!

:wave1:
there was a set of 4 of these next to a rolled WK (Newest grand cherokee) at harrys last weekend in gold:
ALY09011U.jpg

Harry's doesn't have the greatest selection of wheels in good shape, it may take a couple of trips to get what you are looking for.

never a shortage of XJ's there though

there was a set of 4 of these next to a rolled

Harry's doesn't have the greatest selection of wheels in good shape, it may take a couple of trips to get what you are looking for.

never a shortage of XJ's there though

Thanks for the tip. I was never actually up there so i dont really know what to expect...

I'll get a pic for you by tomorrow. I just got my brother hooked with a nice set of 5 of those 5.9 limited wheels(from 96-98 ZJs, 00 freedom ed. XJs and I dunno what exact year TJs, and yes it is 5x4.5") with 235/75/16 duelers(new spare is another brand) 2@80% tread, 2@50% tread for $280. His looks real nice with his gray metallic paint job.

Thanks for the tip. I was never actually up there so i dont really know what to expect...
rows and rows and rows of cars. all the jeeps are in the first 3 sections by the office.
wheels and tires are priced individually, and you are not allowed to cut tires. just be ready to pay for both if you find a set together, or know what you are doing with tire irons if you bring a set. bring a hand-truck or cart, makes it easier to haul stuff out, and their rentals are $2, and awful.

if you are looking for something particular, poke around, chances are, someone has moved the part you wanted out of the way for something they needed,
last time i was there, i grabbed a 231j out of the back set of an XJ, didn't even have to turn a wrench. i have also grabbed and alternator that was already pulled, just cut the wires, and a york out of a wagoneer that was already unbolted, just cut the lines. place is like heaven

The only XJ rims I'm not fond of are the honeycombs, especially the gold ones. I like the base model steel rims and the TJ steelies.

Last edited:
My son is in the middle of doing the black spoke/shiny rim deal on the same wheels. They're from his '96 Classic. My fave is the lace style on my '96 Country. I just wish they were cleaner. Northeast PA winters are tough on alloy wheels.His '95 has the ZJ LTD 16" 'tree' wheels, in silver and gold. Got 'em from Wheel Collision- they look great. If I could figure out how to post pics. I'd put up a few and show you one pimped out XJ- It's not too over the top.

Also, was just at Harry's today- Lots of alloys with rash, a nice one here and there. If you got the bucks, better to go to Kress next door- it's where the stuff waits till it's old enough to go to Harry's.

I've been to EZ Pull, found it to be very disorganized. We live 15 min. from Harry's, so it's the obvious first choice. And, they do have many more XJs and ZJs than any other yard around. What I've found is that the young lady at the price window during the week tends to be more expensive than some of the guys on the weekends.

Don't ignore 16" rims - tire prices are not what they seem. 16" tires are stock on a lot of pickups, if not getting to be the smaller sizes. When I bought new rims three years ago I discovered not only that there are more sizes available in 16", but they weren't significantly more expensive. 15" is getting to be slim pickings for new tires, especially off road BFG's.

I'm running stock Liberty steelies with AT/KO's in 16". The offset is even more, but they fit up and don't rub in the stock tire sizes. Wheels from other makes/models expand the choices, even tho we're "stuck" with 5 on 4 1/2". Explorers, Mountaineers, Durangos, and others come to mind - not all the Durangos were 6 lug, and they make a nice spoked 5 star rim.

Moving to 5 on 5" with new axles opens up the choices even more . . .

I've been to EZ Pull, found it to be very disorganized. We live 15 min. from Harry's, so it's the obvious first choice. And, they do have many more XJs and ZJs than any other yard around. What I've found is that the young lady at the price window during the week tends to be more expensive than some of the guys on the weekends.

Where is EZ pull at?

Gradon: looking good with those 5.9 wheels

My fav are my rims.. Grizzly's:

552215905_bbfjX-XL.jpg

Back