• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift for 30" Tires

Tony_SS

NAXJA Supporting Vendor
I'm looking to go mild. This is a DD but will see its use of trails/snow etc so I want to lift it.

I want to avoid extending brake lines, vibes, etc if at all possible.

I also would like to keep similar front spring rates or close to them. I don't want to swap in some real harsh rated lift springs up there if I can help it.

What do you all suggest?
TIA

I suggest searching lol there are many ways to go about this. You can do no lift with trimming/budget lift(search)/etc.....

I run 30x9.50s on a 2000 XJ with no lift and no trimming done. Running factory "turbines" and only rubbing on the inner fender liner at full lock which is almost never. It is strictly a driver and not a wheeler though.

156059_10200307874932436_1789167462_n.jpg

30x9.50's with no lift.

Don't lift it. With my 2" OME lift I needed a SYE and longer brake lines. Both of those weren't a big deal, but you said you didn't want to deal with that stuff. My 2" light duty springs ride like stock.

You could put longer shackles & a 1" spacer up front. That will put you at the Upcountry height, which I ran with 30s and I don't think I had any trouble - that was a few years ago though.

At 1" (2" lift has apparently settled a full inch now), my 245/75/16s on Jeep wheels measure 29.5", and they rub the rear flares. Pavement pounder which sees nothing rougher than driveways. The center of wheel to bottom of flare measurements are 19" front, 18" rear with a full tank and my usual crate o' fluids.

At 2" of lift you do not need longer brake lines or an SYE.

2" front spacers will maintain your stock front spring rate, and a full length 2-3" Add-A-Leaf (AAL) will work for the rear if your stock springs are not fully sagged. The rear will be somewhat firmer riding with an AAL, but not objectionable. There are other options, just do some Google research.

well you could always install grand Cherokee v8 coils in the front and bastard pack in the rear, if the springs are in decent shape should sit a little bit higher then the upcountry. for shocks you can go with Monroe sense-tracs, for zj in front and mj in rear, I think that's right but you should do some more research before committing to it

At 2" of lift you do not need longer brake lines or an SYE.

I did. I rebuilt the stock driveshaft and aligned the rear pinion properly in relation to the tcase (parallel). Still had vibes. SYE solved the vibes, I didn't bother trying a tcase drop (bandaid IMO). Maybe I'm unlucky or just sensitive to vibes.

On my wifes DD I used upcountry springs in the rear with a JKS shackles (advertised as adding 1" lift). The front are Old Man Emu springs PN 2930 which are quoted as 1.5 - 1.75" of lift on an XJ along with an extra rubber spacer/isolator. This combo gave me right at 2" of lift front and rear. Never had any problems with vibrations or rubbing over the 50K miles it's had this lift. It has General Grabber AT2's (probably the best all around tire you will ever buy) 265/70R15's which are essentially a 30 X 10.5 x 15". I'll see if I can dig up a pic of it and post.

On my wifes DD I used upcountry springs in the rear with a JKS shackles (advertised as adding 1" lift). The front are Old Man Emu springs PN 2930 which are quoted as 1.5 - 1.75" of lift on an XJ along with an extra rubber spacer/isolator. This combo gave me right at 2" of lift front and rear. Never had any problems with vibrations or rubbing over the 50K miles it's had this lift. It has General Grabber AT2's (probably the best all around tire you will ever buy) 265/70R15's which are essentially a 30 X 10.5 x 15". I'll see if I can dig up a pic of it and post.

great, thanks.:cheers:

Here's one of mine with 265/70R15 Grabbers with stock suspension.....No rubbing in normal street use other than full lock turns.....I was asking about a 2 inch lift because this won't cut it off road.

9806680383_f80cbdc5f6_c.jpg

Here's my Y2k XJ with a 2.5" Rubicon Express add a leaf and 30x9.5r15's.
(assuming the linky thing works.) Easy-ish install. No vibes, no rubs, no brake lines.

MVrYntN.jpg

Can't complain. Definitely better than the thirteen year-old stocks I was running, but I don't have anything else to compare them to really. Sorry.

Back