• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best leaf packs?

BDS

Out of Curiosity I tried to take a Peek, however, Ordering the Parts by Part # wasn't Working for me.

Called BDS, one could go to their Local 4x4 Shop to Order these as well.

Download their Catalog: http://www.bds-suspension.com/BDSLibrary/catalog/BDS_Catalog_2008_lores.pdf

Lifetime Warrenty for any Reason; Flattening, Warping, Bending, Twisting, Breaking, or anything Else.

004209 3" Rear Leaf Spring $190.05 each $380.09 a pair

004509 5" Rear Leaf Spring $214.92 each $429.84 a pair

Hope this helps.
Once you find you vehicle on there site and are into there suspension systems for that vehicle, it gives a list to choose for what height you want.choose whatever one fits what your looking for and it will give a part# for (example) leafs..write it down and look on right side of page for accessories and enter that part# also if you have a BDS dealer near you and have parts shipped to them..shipping is free..or just call them and they will figure it out for you..great people with great service and warranty on all there parts.. i run there coils and IMHO there the best out the. a lot of YJ,blazer and other full size truck owners run there leafs due to there excellent flex... and there not made in India :clap:

Deavers are $700, that is insane.

-Alex
Pay to play my friend.... pay to play....

My airshocks were $800 for the pair.... :flipoff2:

The one thing I have found out recently on leafs from Rusty's and RE, and I am sure several others. They seem to be purchasing their springs from the same vendor using smaller than stock eyes on the leafs. BEWARE, these are a substandard spring and bushing in my own opinion, and it seems after I did a few searches we are all suffering from premature bushings wear. Like you will have no bushings in a year or two. I have heard very good things about BDS, and they do use factory size spring eyes. I also beleive Currie uses the same set up as factory. I don't have any input into the other springs, LOL, but I wanted to make you fully aware of a seriously bad design issue that seems to be flooding the XJ aftermarket spring market.

So talking to some people about BDS it seems they are quality, as with the BOR ones. Only thing is the BOR take about 3 weeks to build so I don't know if I can wait that long. Also where do you guys get those longer daystar upper bumpstops for the rear?

-Alex

So talking to some people about BDS it seems they are quality, as with the BOR ones. Only thing is the BOR take about 3 weeks to build so I don't know if I can wait that long. Also where do you guys get those longer daystar upper bumpstops for the rear?

-Alex
Jegs carries the prothane progressive rear bumps..reasonably priced also.. they make a universal fitting one in different heights..

-Alex

I wouldn't go with Extended Rear Bump Stops. They can Break off easier than Stock. I'd keep the Stock ones and go with a Truss that stops Tire Bump and Strengthens the Axle Tubes like this one:

Kit includes: 1 "ready to weld" XJ Dana 44 rear axle truss with detailed instructions.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is also available for Chrysler 8.25, Dana 35, and Ford 8.8. Please allow about 2 weeks for these versions.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XD44T

Code: IR-XD44T
Price: $99.99

IMG_5042b.jpg

Precision laser cut from 1/4" steel plate and capped with 1 1/2" x 1/4" steel bar. This new truss is designed to prevent your Dana 44 from bending under severe load while off roading. Complete with 2.5" raised bump stop pads! We recommend at least 2.5" of lift over stock height in the rear to accomodate the new truss.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is also available for Chrysler 8.25, Dana 35, and Ford 8.8. Please allow about 2 weeks for these versions.

Kit includes: 1 "ready to weld" XJ Dana 44 rear axle truss with detailed instructions.

NOTE: This product requires welding to your axle tube. Please exercise extreme caution or have a qualified professional do the installation

IMG_3331b.jpg

ADVICE NEEDED: We were told that springs intended for Dodge Dakota's work great as Cherokee leaves for a 4 inch lift. Unfortunately, we purchased these lifts and tried to put them on today. IT'S NOT WORKING!
Is there something specific we're supposed to know about the installation of Dakota leaf springs on a Cherokee that we don't know? Or was the Dodge Dakota advise flawed from the start? What now? Advice would be appreciated.

ADVICE NEEDED: We were told that springs intended for Dodge Dakota's work great as Cherokee leaves for a 4 inch lift. Unfortunately, we purchased these lifts and tried to put them on today. IT'S NOT WORKING!
Is there something specific we're supposed to know about the installation of Dakota leaf springs on a Cherokee that we don't know? Or was the Dodge Dakota advise flawed from the start? What now? Advice would be appreciated.
Read thread called $11 bastard pack..you use xj main with dakota leafs as needed..

I welded a plate to side of u bolt spring plate. I made alum. spacer screwed and tapped to it to get desired height. JKS and DPG make something similar.

I didn't want to stack square stock under bump stop.

I use Ruff Stuff spring plates that are 3/8 thick.

I already have DPG bumpstop plates, I just need the longer upper bumpstops but nobody can seem to tell me where they got them and the ones from Jegs are not the ones I am looking for.

-Alex

Jeepin Outfitters sells 4 in. OEM style bumpstops and Daystar (poly something)bumps.

I'm not big on spacing bumps down, but a inch or so won't stress the captured nuts much.

I think Quadratech has some also.

Jeepin Outfitters sells 4 in. OEM style bumpstops and Daystar (poly something)bumps.

I'm not big on spacing bumps down, but a inch or so won't stress the captured nuts much.

I think Quadratech has some also.

I am not planning on spacing my uppers down, just running longer ones so that I don't turn my springs into S's again.

-Alex

Back