• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BEST Corbeau Seat

XJ_Rookie

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking at getting 4 Corbeau Seats for my Full Bodied XJ Build soon. Trying to get all parts before I return to Colorado and begin the build.

What are your favorite Corbeau Seats? Why?

I prefer recaros over corbeaus, lots of friends have them in their cars. They seems to wear out quickly (only a few years) I have Evo 8 recaros and they're from 03 and look great still. Check Craigslist for deals

I had the A4 in my mustang and really liked it. Comfy and supportive

I prefer recaros over corbeaus, lots of friends have them in their cars. They seems to wear out quickly (only a few years) I have Evo 8 recaros and they're from 03 and look great still. Check Craigslist for deals

I will have to check out Recaro seats. One of the reasons I ask about Corbeau seats is that I am currently a distributer for Corbeau so I get a pretty good deal straight from factory. But I might have to add Recaro to the list...

Thanks for the insight..

I had the Baja Ultra. This was a very comfortable seat. I recall being fairly tired after doing something like the Poison Spider/spike/Goldbar run in Moab followed by a night run. After having those seats, I was still fresh even after the sun went down. Because the side bolsters are so big I had to use very little back strength to stay in the saddle and the suspension style seat kept me from crunching my spine on drops.

With that said, these are some of the crappies seats I have owned. You get what you pay for. I also live in Colorado. There is so much UV here that they faded in the first couple months. By the end of their first summer, they were nearly a shade of pinkish other than two black strips from the harness straps.

Also, if you pick out a seat, I would recommend trying to find a model that does not use "piping" right along where your ass will slide entering and exiting. The piping wore out immediately on mine.

Finally, the great side bolsters of that seat are a blessing and and a curse. These seats are a bucket formed to your body when you are in them, though getting in and out took on a new challenge, especially when a vehicle is on its side or close to it.. You will have to alter the way you get in and out. After some time you will get a method going and it will be fairly easy though some days it gets a little old having to explain to each passenger how to get in.

Sorry about the length of this post. In the end, you get what you pay for. These are incredibly comfortable seats, but they are cheaply made seats that will last you a couple years before likely needing to be replaced. A quality seat will last many years and ultimately save you more money in the end not having to replace. I once had an evo as somebody mentioned, the stock seats are good and can be found for good deals used. If you do go with Corbeau, contact a rep on Pirate and you can get them much cheaper than any online retailer'

EDIT: just noticed you mentioned you are a dist for them. If you can get a great deal and understand they won't last long with your doors off, then by all means. They are comfy

Last edited:
I sat in the XRS at a 4WP store. Seemed to be pretty comfortable. I like the XRS and the Baja RS because they are adjustable. I would not get a fixed back seat. Besides, I need to get behind the seat in my MJ.

I currently have a Mastercraft Baja RS seat, which I really like. But I don't have a matching passenger seat, since they cost so much. So I've been thinking about selling the Mastercraft seat and getting two of the Corbeau Baja RS seats. They are only $299 each, which is a relative bargain compared to the Mastercrafts, which are over $500 each.

Back