• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent & dented A-pillar repair write up.

Troy,

Not big on body work but I think you should be able to fix that up from the inside. Problem is no matter how good you get it you would need some putty to get it looking perfect. Body putty isn't very tolerant to the type of abuse we put these jeeps through. The other alternative would be lead. That would hold up better but is pretty hard to work with. My suggestion is to get it relatively straight and then cover the 1/4's with 1/4 guards. That's pretty much what I did and it looks pretty good.

B

Good pillar fix try. Put a cop light back on though! Those things are so *you*! :laugh3:

As for the quarter I'd skin it instead. That's always going to be an area thats pounded when you take it out on a hard trail so I wouldn't want to just repair it and call it done. If you repair it enough to skin over it in some heavier stuff I think that would be a nice way of doing it.

Pillar looks great!! Need a new job? Pay is lousy but the hours are long!

On that rear quarter, if we had it in the shop, we would weld a bracket on that we could hook up and pull on

L shaped about 2" wide and spot weld it in about 3 or 4 spots, right where the seam above that taillamp is, then alot of brass studs and slide hammer work.

If you want to come by the shop some Saturday morning i'll give you a hand and we can use the stud gun, etc..

Terry

Frank Z said:
I've seen repairs done with a pin welder and a slide hammer. Check your favorite tool rental joint, you might be able to find one that has a screw tip that you screw into the metal.

x2 I used this method to fix my roof after I leaned her into a tree.

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

bshaw said:
great write up.... Want to come do mine next? :D I've been trying to decide what to do with mine...... Think I might try the fix it route. Great job too btw!
you'll never fix it, just cut the top off already! ;)

Back