• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beasley Knob.....

Oh yeah,I forgot about the tires! With all the other stuff I completely forgot about 'em! Seeing a door ripped from it's hinges will do that to ya..... :eek:

My plexi/duct tape window held together,too. And Andy,I forgot to send ya an extra special thanks for the "spire" peices :roflmao:

Glad ya'll made it back unfrozen. I'm uploading the pics to webshots now. I'll post the link when they're all up there. Had a great time today!

Ok, click here for the pics.

Here's a preview of Andy's (aka Bubble Boy) new see through door mod. Apparently he got tired of having to lean out the window in the cold to see where his tire was. :laugh3:

103550118uNTnmg_ph.jpg

Andy you the man! And now you the man of carnage! How the hell did you do that! Damn sure whish I would have been there. 2offroad which is your rig?

Last edited:
What were you guys smokin???

Kevin wishes he could have made it up for that...but after the pics iI'm glad we stayed home...lOL

Looks like yall had a ton of fun. I wish I could have made it. The wife has been sick since Wed. and didn't want me to leave. maybe next time. :wave:

man, were yall like?
"lets just see what we can tear up"

just kiddin...

had a thought it would be "nasty"

// i wanna see some pics of how nasty it was... //

thanks for the pics..

btw how does one go about ripping a door off the hinges on the trail??

JLane99XJ said:
man, were yall like?
"lets just see what we can tear up"

just kiddin...

had a thought it would be "nasty"

// i wanna see some pics of how nasty it was... //

thanks for the pics..

The pics don't really do justice to just how nasty it was. On a couple of the descents the best we could do was to hold on and hope not to slide off the mountain :scared:. It was quite a day.

JLane99XJ said:

One of them thar bigfoots came rushin at him an plum tored his door off. It was the most 'mazin thang I ever see'd!! :wierd:

Next time I go there I'm bringin some better tars (with a spire :laugh3: ) and a dang'ol shotgun !!

Damn ole Bigfeets, I warneded ya bouts them.

Looks like it was, um, fun.

Hate that I missed it, but my steering box is still hanging on by 2 cross threaded bolts & some zip-ties...and my street-jeep wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot :(

Lee 94XJ said:
The pics don't really do justice to just how nasty it was. On a couple of the descents the best we could do was to hold on and hope not to slide off the mountain :scared:. It was quite a day.

some of those kinda trails huh?

well it sounds like it were fun.

sorry i missed it, maybe i could have helped yall "test" out yer winches...

looks like ya'll had a good time, wish i coulda made it. maybe next time though, hey mike, how was the ride home with the plexiglass? lol pretty loud i bet!

Oh,mine was minor compared to Andy's. He had to make a whole door outta plexi! We stuck together for the ride home in case anything unusual happened,well,if anything more unusual than two XJ's,covered in mud and dents with plexi duct taped on 'em to cover gaping holes would have happened :laugh:

Sweet! Nice rig 2offroad! That is on my list of gotta go there! Mike how far is it from you?

a-mechanic said:
don't forget the two tire beads.
i forgot to tell i had two beads on mine had to stop 4 times and air up the drivers front, it was flat this morning, took if off and cleaned the bead ok now.

I must say... nice trip! I'm kinda new around here, just bought a '96 Cherokee Sport yesterday so I'll be hanging around a bit more often.

BTW, what trail did y'all run?

short story. mike got hung up ahead of me i opened the door to see what was up the jeep either slid backwards or didn't drop the parking pawl (2offroad says it slid, i'm unsure) anyway the door gave the tree did not. thats how one goes about ripping off a door. its quicker than removing pins and bolts. to go doorless. also i don't recomend it when there are snow flurrie's occuring.

Back