• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard packs ? what i need?

has anyone tried using the leafs from an ealy 80's mustang or 1970 camaro? i looked at some behind my house and the camaro has a lot of arch and i was wondering if it would work. since they are car springs they should have a softer rate and flex better no?

I am going to wait until summer rolls in, then I am going to do this bastard pack lift with lift shackles on the 95 or newer Ford 8.8 with disc brakes, and more then likely welded gears unless I can find a cheap locker or spool. I have been thinking to swap in a beefier axle, but dont want to do fabrication work. I will wait until I get a truck to do the 14 bolt full floater rear and learn how to fabricate. Most likely will be a late late late model chevrolet/gmc crew cab 4x4 auto. Staying away from fords this time.

I am aiming for atleast 35 inch tires on my XJ, with a ton of trimming, and will have to investigate how to beef up the body. I found a great website that tells you everything you have to do for a certain tire.

I got a little over 3 inches lift from just the main leaf off what I think was a 2002 Jimmy.

About 3.75 inches when I used the Jimmy main and replaced the XJ third leaf with the Jimmy third leaf. The vibes were too bad to fix (sans sye) without lowering it down to 3 inches, which is where it is now. It did ride nice on the streets, didn't try much offroading.

The leaves I got at the junkyard still had much of the the factory paint on them, so they were pretty fresh, but I figure broken in pretty well because the pack hasn't settled at all in 4 months. I take the jeep fully loaded over rough terrain and deep snow so the extra stiffness of the S10/Jimmy/Blazer works well for me.

When I have the money for an SYE and new driveshaft I plan on doing the third leaf swap again, then adding a 1-1.5" shackle or boomerangs to give the Jimmy leaves in the pack more flex. Anybody running shackles with a pack containing late model S10 leaves??

what did you use for tha packs?

It's an 01 I used the xj main blazer main with eyes cut off then the second xj leaf then the 2nd blazer leaf and finally 3rd blazer leaf then for the front I used v8 zj coils a 2in spacer the coil spring isolated from the zj and the stock xj isolator and got exactly 4 in

Back