• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barney Mobile Upgrades

Looks good Mark, are you going to make November to remember?

Not a chance anymore. I keep trying to get this thing finished, but there is so many loose ends.

Kinda on hold... I am moving in 15 days...

t5llj9.jpg

Does the hatch have to be open to flex like that??

t5llj9.jpg

Does the hatch have to be open to flex like that??

Indeed. It relieves any interferance with the double-jointed unibody. He drives around like that on the street too - the hatch provides superb down-force like a ricer wing giving him awesome street traction! :D

Indeed. It relieves any interferance with the double-jointed unibody. He drives around like that on the street too - the hatch provides superb down-force like a ricer wing giving him awesome street traction! :D

I had it closed when I drove up on the ramp then I needed a part out of the back. After I openned it I couldn't get it closed until I drove off.

So it has been awhile, but now that I am moved and the Jeep fits in the garage here is an update. I got my new shocks for up front, a nice set of Bilstein short body remote res 7100s valved to 275/78. It rides like a Cadi... Got my driveshafts back. Thank you Rocky Mountian Drivetrain for the hook up on those. They rebuilt the double carden and shortened both my shafts for $125. I have put about 100 miles on it now. I will post pictures soon.

$2.00 I want my $2.00..... repeat till annoying

Here are some of the pictures of the rear seat install and the first time out.
rcpn4z.jpg

This is the underside of the 4 inch deep floor drop I put in.
2dlninc.jpg

Here is the rear seat installed
wskydv.jpg

And the front seat bracket.
Now on to the first time out...
2vbshvl.jpg

9r3fnr.jpg

33z9343.jpg

t99y4j.jpg

It is nice to have it on the road. I still have a lot of finish work left but it is great on the trail...

Mark,
Sorry I missed the Rock Zombie winter fest, but I just had too many things to take care of at the house. Looks like it ran fairly well. How well did the rear end flex?

Mark,
Sorry I missed the Rock Zombie winter fest, but I just had too many things to take care of at the house. Looks like it ran fairly well. How well did the rear end flex?

It is a little stiff, but they are new springs. Here is a video of me I am in the back ground while the blue Jeep is going. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PnH9T36uY

Back