• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barney Mobile Upgrades

So it moved under its own power. I wish I could say I am going wheeling, but my rig is a mess and needs a lot of work. I would like to thank everyone who helped me get this far. Led, Planefixer, Welldone, Buschwhacked, Matt at TnT Customs, Motion Offroad, 91 Jeep Project, Frank Z and his son Daniel, Stumpalump, and the many others who made this come together. I will post some pictures later. This has been a long hard road and I will remember it before I try this again. I learned more then I thought. I hope to have it on the trails early next year.

We spent about 3 1/2 hours yesterday cleaning up your mess you left in the shop.:mad:

NOTICE: Shop is now CLOSED to all other work until the raffle rig is finished.

planefixer said:
We spent about 3 1/2 hours yesterday cleaning up your mess you left in the shop.:mad:

Ooooh. Ouch.

Where's the love?

:dunno:

There is no love. Between the projects the people in and out and the flooding in the shop I am surprise no it is not worse. Led and Jeff thanks for the use of the hanger and I am sorry it was such a mess. I will be back down to get my old pickup and I will help you get your toolbox home Jeff. Thanks again for the support.

Okay so I have a running list of issue I need to handle on my rig and here they go. BTW I did drive it twice, but no trail time. Okay on to the loose ends:

1. My hydro assist is plumbed backwards
2. Need to tie off and rework some of my brake lines
3. Have both drive shaft resized
4. Buy new shackles and install
5. Rework front bumpstops
6. Cut and install fenders
7. Install new MS seats
8. Get my electric fan to fit and lock up manual fan
9. Redo air intake and clean out throttle body
10. Clean and paint everything under the Jeep
11. Everything else I forgot

This will take a little bit of time for me to get done. Thanks to all that helped get this thing home. I will be working on it a lot in the next few months.

Okay so I have a running list of issue I need to handle on my rig and here they go. BTW I did drive it twice, but no trail time. Okay on to the loose ends:

1. My hydro assist is plumbed backwards
2. Need to tie off and rework some of my brake lines
3. Have both drive shaft resized
4. Buy new shackles and install
5. Rework front bumpstops
6. Cut and install fenders
7. Install new MS seats
8. Get my electric fan to fit and lock up manual fan
9. Redo air intake and clean out throttle body
10. Clean and paint everything under the Jeep
11. Everything else I forgot

This will take a little bit of time for me to get done. Thanks to all that helped get this thing home. I will be working on it a lot in the next few months.

Okay so this weekend I made some progress. My new fenders are cut and painted and ready to go on. My electric fan now fits and is installed. Hydro assist steering is now plumbed right. Brake booster has been replaced and new hard lines have been installed and soft lines have been tied off. It stop like a MF now. New seat mounts have been made for the rear bench seat and the floor was cut out to make it fit. So getting closer. This weekend I hope to get the new door hinges welded on and the fenders and frontend on. And hopefully pictures soon...

Sounds like you're working faster and making a lot more progress than I have been on my own junk...

You're not going to Fall Fling with this thing, are you?

Had to cancel Fall Fling... I am broke... So I am just taking my time and doing my junk right. I have a lot on my list of things to finish before it even sees the trail.

Did you have to yank the MC that we put in at the hanger?

I replaced both front hard lines up front and the front half of the rear line, so I could put a value in the rear line. I left the MC attached to the Jeep, just moved it out of the way. Thanks Troy for the 98 lines worked great. Plus it gave me a chance to make sure everything was tight. It is really nice to have disc brakes all the way around.

Okay so I got some more done. I put the front end back together and got the fenders on. Thanks for the fenders Frank Z. They look a little different then when you gave them to me. Here is a picture of it now.
9zohn7.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so here is the latest update. I got the rear leaf taken apart again and added a helper leaf. I also changed out my rear shackles for a set of 1.5" TnT shackles. Then I notched the rear bumper support and moved my shackle relocators father back. Now the rear is finished. I will post pictures later next time I go out there.

This thread is celebrating it's one year anniversary! :party: :gag:

..................nice Jeep, I like how you did the cut out fenders.

I tried to make it look as good as possible while still getting the clearance I need, so thanks. God one year anniversary, no wonder my wallet has nothing but dust in it. This thing has been sucking the life out of me for 5 years now. Worst part is as my list gets smaller I start to think of what to do next. It's there a rehab clinic for this!!!

I can't believe it took you this long to figure that out, Mark!:gee: Right after I got married, the wife asked "when will the Jeep be done?"... I gave her the :wstupid: look, and explained to her that I didn't quite understand what she meant by "done", since the first project would be ready to re-do by the time I wrapped up the "last" one -- she's still with me, so I guess I did ok!:clap:

I can't believe it took you this long to figure that out, Mark!:gee: Right after I got married, the wife asked "when will the Jeep be done?"... I gave her the :wstupid: look, and explained to her that I didn't quite understand what she meant by "done", since the first project would be ready to re-do by the time I wrapped up the "last" one -- she's still with me, so I guess I did ok!:clap:

:laugh::roflmao: My wallet is a little dusty too and I am getting divorced!! Man I feel the pain!!:gee:

So my bump stops have been adjusted and cut. I got my seats installed and put it on the RTI ramp. So here are some photos of the work for the weekend.
Here are my new MC Baja RS seats in and ready to go:
ehd82u.jpg

4vjvkg.jpg

Here is the rear end flexing out.

2e4ah3b.jpg

11u8gfk.jpg

Lower spring retainers are in.
23udhqp.jpg

t5llj9.jpg

b5ku2w.jpg

33bibfb.jpg

2ujgo76.jpg

2dv8y8k.jpg

I think it flexs ok. I have a few more things to get done, but I am close now. Big thanks to Stumpalump for the use of his RTI ramp and tools.

Back