• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands, IN 6/16-6/18

Just got home from the Badlands. Had a great time. The weather couldn't have been better. No rain until after we were on the road home too. Took my rockcrawler scorpion out in the quarry and was quite impressed with what it would do. Nice to meet you XJ4Life.

xj4life said:
yeah we'll be at Summers as well, pulling in early evening. we're only down to two Jeeps, my XJ and a TJ, after some carnage this past weekend.

Hey xj4life, it was good getting to see you, and your awesome XJ, at the Badlands! We had a great time there and plan on going back in October.
Doug

IntrepidXJ said:
where's the pics ;)
all the pics here, more pics of my near flop to come later this week :laugh:
http://bluexj.groundclearance.com/Badlands/index.htm

the highlights
IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IntrepidXJ said:
where did you almost flop it?

actually it was twice but we only got pictures of the one. both were on orange.

first one fairly early on orange. you take a 90deg right hand turn off a ridge down a really steep hill. tree tight to the inside with a root sticking into the turn with a drop off below it. back right tire came off it and the whole thing pitched up and towards the passenger side. it went slow and i knew we werent going over all the way. my buddy in the pass set just about pooped his pants. guess we smacked a tree cause the gutter on the pass rear is dented.

second one was about half way through orange and its the one we got pics of. large drop off combined with an off chamber left hander. just wasnt really thinking it through. i knew it might be bad so i had my buddy grab the cage before we dropped in. front went over the drop and the back right tire ended about a foot off the ground and the drivers roof rested against the trees. luckly my buddy could get out and put his weight on my rear bumper to steady it. then my other buddy behind us hooked up his winch, snatched blocked off a tree up the hill and pulled me back up right.

xj4life said:
first one fairly early on orange. you take a 90deg right hand turn off a ridge down a really steep hill. tree tight to the inside with a root sticking into the turn with a drop off below it. back right tire came off it and the whole thing pitched up and towards the passenger side. it went slow and i knew we werent going over all the way. my buddy in the pass set just about pooped his pants. guess we smacked a tree cause the gutter on the pass rear is dented.

i think i know that spot. this one?

DSC07460.JPG

544264580fGYoPG_ph.jpg

yup that's the one :laugh:

i was never scared when it started to go. i knew it wasnt going to go far. i just let it settle out and then rolled out of it.

Back