• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bacon....

bacondeer.jpg

Bacon wrapped deer loin! :chef:

Last night I was severely disappointed when I called the chinese joint to get my usual order. They were closed till today. I typically budget for one night a week to order something from somewhere, so since I wasn't making dinner last night, I knew I wouldn't be able to order it tonight. Anyway, I stopped off at a little pizza place in town and ordered up a chicken, bacon and onion calzone. It was pretty big and I don't think it lasted more than 5 minutes. Chomp, chomp, gone.

Camilles grandmother makes a dish that is wilted lettuce drizzled in bacon grease...sounds gross, but it is delicious. It is healthy because it has lettuce in it. :pig:

I have a breakfast burrito with bacon, sausage, and ham in it today...called the "Babe Burrito" named after the movie that had the pig in it :D

guys, a couple weeks ago we had some bacon for breakfast. i told the gf make all of it and she said no. i said why not just do it all i wont eat it all:laugh: just make it all. she then rolled her eyes and said whatever.... i just found out the other day that she did not make it all and in fact forgot about it and t was rotten:gonnablow. there was probably 5 or 6 glorious pieces of bacon thrown in the trash i almost cried:bawl:.

it was hard for me to admit this to you guys. go easy on me.:anon:

When I was growning up and the dogs got in the chicken house and killed a chicken, we would tie that dead chicken around the dogs neck and make the dog carry it around until it rotted off..problem solved and dogs would never go back to the chicken house.

Same principle, but replace dog with girlfriend and chcicken with bacon. Should have made a rotten bacon necklace for her to sport around.

Damn, I rule.

When I was growning up and the dogs got in the chicken house and killed a chicken, we would tie that dead chicken around the dogs neck and make the dog carry it around until it rotted off..problem solved and dogs would never go back to the chicken house.

Same principle, but replace dog with girlfriend and chcicken with bacon. Should have made a rotten bacon necklace for her to sport around.

Damn, I rule.

lol yes maybe i will do this

ROFL!

Similar to the above, Bacon wrapped venison butterfly chops. Potatoes O'Brien fried in bacon grease.

With the cold and snow I had a hunkering for a hearty stew. Fried up a pound of bacon, browned a pound of stew meat in the grease. Threw it in a crock pot, added a can of corn, carrots, french onion soup mix, can of beef broth, few shots of smoked tabassco sauce, chopped potatoes, and seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, salt, pepper, and a few drops of liquid smoke.

Dinner time ain't coming soon enough...

Parakeet

man that does sound good. my brother in law is an OTR trucker and had his refer unit condensate and get part of a load wet on the boxes and it was rejected....it was BACON!!! He was able to get just shy of 2 pallets of bacon for next to nothing...they said they had bacon for us for Christmas..I did not realize he was talking by the box!!!

Holy crap that would be awesome. What I could do with pallets of bacon...

And the stew was better than I expected. Infact the crock pot was empty by the time it was all said and done.

Parakeet

kinda lazy right now to upload pics via bluetooth on my phone.

but this weekend was full of some bacon foods!

I found a candy bar filled with bacon. Yep...hahaha
I also made some bacon wrapped water chestnuts.

made some chili this mroning...best batch I heve ever made..special ingredients= seared jalapenos, onions and 6 slices of crumbled pepper BACON! also threw in a few pounds of burger and italian sausage..it is outstanding.

went to Hy-Vee last night and while strolling through the meat department they had their "quick sale/going out of date very soon" section with a few good items, as I was digging through it I came across 3#'s of thick cut pepepr bacon for $1.99/pound. I bought it all. We have a ton of bacon adding up in the freezer right now and it is awaiting the mass bacon explosion cook-a-thon that will ensue right before Winterfest.

. We have a ton of bacon adding up in the freezer right now and it is awaiting the mass bacon explosion cook-a-thon that will ensue right before Winterfest.

This is my " i can hear my self getting fatter" cant wait to try it at WF

went to Pizza Hut last night and their special was a large pan pizza w/ up to 5 toppings for $10. I said I would like canidian bacon, jalapenos and bacon, bacon, bacon. They waitress said, "you can have 2 more toppings".......
my reply, "I had all 5...did you not hear bacon, bacon, bacon?"
her reply..."wow, you must love bacon"
my reply...."more then puppies"

I had just enough left over to have some for breakfast today.....good stuff! :pig:

Back