• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa Canyon Sunday May 20th

I got hit at the opening of the gate (was 6th in line and he pulled 4 of the 5 in front of me over) I have seen others get poped later in the day 11-12 or so and also at closing time. the end of day sucked as I was told they were ticketing people for everything they could including muddy light windshields windows etc.

I was last there on Sep 02, 2006 and went through the gate around noon. The sheriff's were very pleasant, asking me questions and cracking jokes about my Samurai (go figure). The guy asked to look in my cooler, I had sandwiches on the top and a lot of diet cokes underneath, standing straight up so you could only see the tops. I think he was looking for some Silver Bullets, I ended up taking every one out and put them on my seat. After he saw they were all sodas I put them back and was on my way. My Sammie has a little lift and slightly larger tires but it's completely street legal, I didn't have any problems after my cooler search. I had fun there that day, in fact I've had fun everytime I've gone to Azusa Canyon and I may try to make this one. I'm not a "hater" of the place and I don't think the people here that are giving others warnings are either (well, most of them aren't). I read "but the rangers don't exactly go through your ice chests" in the first post and knew that to be untrue. I didn't want someone getting a VERY unpleasant surprise because of that. Others have additional knowledge of things to be careful of - if those things aren't a problem for you show up and have fun. If they do cause a problem for you, take the clue and have your fun elsewhere that day. It's OK - it's America and you get to choose.

I was wondering.

Can we just keep this on who wants to go now that EVERYONE has been warned about the "Dangers of Azusa"??

That said........I'm IN!!! Bringing the wife and son too. Hey Tony....Carne??

silverslk said:
I was wondering.

Can we just keep this on who wants to go now that EVERYONE has been warned about the "Dangers of Azusa"??

That said........I'm IN!!! Bringing the wife and son too. Hey Tony....Carne??
Carne!!! of course. But if and only if i get the jeep back, it is in mexico at the mechanics, here we go:

Cage is now in, stiffeners are getting put in, new track bar, a/c WILL BE fixed, new front and rear u-joints, transfer case will be completly rebuilt, front bumper will be rewelded on, and a rear pre run bumper will be welded on as well.

so anyways, thats the game plan, i should have the jeep back on sat.

Okay, from here on out; post up if you're in. Lets get a headcount going.

1. Andy
2. Me
3. Possibly Tony
4. My buddy Tyler and his TJ

Anybody else?

TheWarWagon said:

1. Andy
2. Me
3. Possibly Tony

Anybody else?

Haha Tyler.....you guys are funny as shit together.

My rig will most likely have 4 in it (me, wife, son and maybe a friend). I'll bring the EZ up with me......is Han's going? If so don't park near my EZ up,haha

TheWarWagon said:

1. Andy
2. Me
3. Possibly Tony

Anybody else?

Hey Guys, if I dont have my ride, i will drive to Azusa in the Tahoe, and park it...so i am in either way.

Okay, okay I'll come out and play and I'll have my mudflaps on (with one bolt for quick removal:D ). Assuming I'm not working that day (I never turn down overtime) ------------Hans

Oatmeal said:
Okay, okay I'll come out and play and I'll have my mudflaps on (with one bolt for quick removal:D ). Assuming I'm not working that day (I never turn down overtime) ------------Hans

Well, let me know and I'll make salsa just because you're coming out.

I'm out, I still cant get my 4wd working

so i dont muck up the other head count thread :D whats goin on for eats? can we BBQ out there? or can i at least bring the coleman camp stove? if we're Qing i'll pick up some burgers and dogs? or should i just bring myself a sandwich? :dunno:

Back