• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 in THICK sand

They're only $20-30 at the parts store or Pep Boys, and come with the installation kit.

Well actualy I got stuck 4HI tried reverse didnt help cause the wheels dont start moving until the revs are up to something near 2000 rpms (TC slip), I got out of it using 4LO with very minor throttle.

Eliminator89 said:
Goatman, that is a good price. I'm an incurable yard scrounger. Comes from being a cheap old fart.

Ha!

I go to the parts house because I'm a lazy old fart. :)

Pharaoh XJ said:
Well actualy I got stuck 4HI tried reverse didnt help cause the wheels dont start moving until the revs are up to something near 2000 rpms (TC slip), I got out of it using 4LO with very minor throttle.
I spend alot of time in the sand and I would recommend running less than 10 lbs air pressure. This reduces the effective height of the tire making it a little easier for the engine. It also provides excellent flotation in deep sand. I often pull full size trucks and deisels out of the sand with no problems using this method. A tranny cooler will help but it is best if it is mounted somewhere else besides in front of the radiator. An oil cooler will also help. I run synthetic oil and radiator additive (purple ice). I would recommend doing either the Taurus fan mod or installing a pair of SPAL 12" fans with a shroud. Some sort of hood vents will help. If you really want low underhood temps, wrapping the exhaust header and downpipe with header wrap will help alot.

my 88 hade overheating problem until I added tranny cooler inline with original during the project found the a/c condenser blocked. I also put spacers between the hood and hinges, lets the hot air out, cheaper and less work than vents

Has anyone that has deleted the AC tried to use the old AC core in the radiator?

I don't usually have a problem with heat as the temps here are not as high as other places. However I do run in Deep soft wet quicksand type enviroment, that I could see my Trans getting hot.

Just an idea for thought.

Cody

Back