• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AutoZone, Dont We Love Em

You guys know you are messing in a thread which is over 2 years old, right?

It's not an Autozone, or Pep Boys, or any other of the new parts places, per se. It takes a while to generate a good parts person, and the wages are not conducive to sticking around.

I usually shop on-line and go to the store and pick it up. When I show up at the counter with their part number and tell them they have it in stock, I get an interesting look.

i personally prefer checker...

It's not an Autozone, or Pep Boys, or any other of the new parts places, per se. It takes a while to generate a good parts person, and the wages are not conducive to sticking around.

Yep. Hence why I don't work at Advance anymore. Pay sucked and I wanted to strangle 90% of the customers that came in the door.

For example, did you know that parts for a Chevy 350 are all the same, no matter what year, model or transmission? Huh, who knew?

I appreciated the people that came in with a specific part # or knew what the heck they were looking for. Made my job 100% easier. People that needed an advanced diagnosis of a "funny noise" their car was making and then got pissed when I couldn't pinpoint the issue and sell them a $2 fix found the door pretty quick.

I buy most of my parts from NAPA. 'Went through 3 AZ master cylinders in under a month(but they have a lifetime warranty!) Never again.
thanks for your buisness! NAPA still does its best to source parts from the same manufacturers as OEM parts houses use. we carry a "good" line, and a "cheap" line. our good lines are usually equal to OEM, and our cheap lines are usually the same manufacturers that AZ or kragen and the like use.

I just love it when you call someone a dumb ass. It just makes me giggle.
:roflmao: new keyboard time :cheers:

i'll agree that not every parts guy knows what he's doing, ive worked with a couple. but dont walk in assuming the guy behind the counter is an idiot. if he's not, you're in for a big headache when he gets mad and starts playing with you ;)

AutoZone is good for some things--just today I needed a set of the hose clamp springs for some vacuum line and they have a pack of Dorman clamps that is exactly what I need. Box of oddball vacuum connectors, got that too. For real parts, I either mail order from Rockauto or buy from NAPA, depending on time pressure, cost, etc.

Sometimes the NAPA guys are pretty dense. I bought an A/C condenser there yesterday, then went back for the hard lines later and the guy tried to sell me bare tubing. I kept asking him if they sold the actual lines and he either did not understand or would not look it up. I found the parts in their online catalog later, but ended up buying them from a local mom and pop outfit.

NAPA online sucks balls too. Most of the online sites actually, but NAPA is at the bottom (just above PEP Boys which has nothing)

NAPA online sucks balls too. Most of the online sites actually, but NAPA is at the bottom (just above PEP Boys which has nothing)
i'll have to agree with you there, the site used to be haldway decent, but now its completely inavigable. (is that a word? lol)

i get 5 or more complaints a day about the napaonline website.. unfortunately, i cant really doing anything about it lol.

;)

Oh really? I'm assuming you've dyno'd this?

Be sure to let us know when Terry (OT) answers you back.
mamorufast.gif

AZ is ok by me except for the total lack of knowlage by the staff... you know it's bad when the employees there start asking ME for advice and if the products i bought work/how to use them ect.

I got most of the crew down at the local AZ trained to NOT ask me what it is for, but instead what did it come off of. Oh, and most of the time, they let me go get my own stuff...good thing/bad thing...I have been mistaken as a new hire on more than one occurance.

, I either mail order from Rockauto

All of the customer service of the normal counter monkey at Autozone, with barely better prices and you get to pay for the privilege of them sending you the wrong parts...

BTW.... O'Reilleys. Good counter people, Know my name, all but one knows my phone number, give me the parts I ask for instead of what the box tells them.

dont walk in assuming the guy behind the counter is an idiot. if he's not, you're in for a big headache when he gets mad and starts playing with you ;)

shhhhh-- you're gonna ruin it for us all if you keep giving away the trade secrets! There's nothing better than showing some arrogant schmuck how stupid he is in front of his girlfriend or buddies when he tries to show off and prove how smart he is and fails. There are times when it's better to shut up and let people question your ignorance rather than opening your mouth and proving it.:laugh3:

Back