• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker coming for the 8.25

Just an update, I just heard the same thing from Aussie. Expected to manufacture in April and be shipping in May.

As for my reasoning, aside from all of the "Quality" stuff you hear about Aussie vs Powertrax, Lockrite, etc... is that they are very affordable. The D30 locker is $229, it's hard to beat that price with any other locker. Most powetrax are closer to $400 or $500

From Aussie Locker 4/23:

They started the manufacturing process on them this month. Steel is being cut already. We are hoping to see them in our stock by the end of May.

well finally :)

Same here Randy been looking to buy a "built" rear axle, but now I guess I'll hold my breath awhile longer.

Someone buy one and intsall it, run it hard for a year. Then if it is all good, I will get rid of my powertrax.

Oh but wait, will I have the 8.25 in a year?

Bump!

Just spoke to Torq Masters again. They say that the 29 spline Chryco aussie is in production. That steel was cut for it last week and the first production runs are beginning

derajer said:
Bump!

Just spoke to Torq Masters again. They say that the 29 spline Chryco aussie is in production. That steel was cut for it last week and the first production runs are beginning

Yes that is correct. The process of cutting the bar stock was started the last week of April as part of the April manufacturing schedule. A lot is yet to be done to get the product to the USA inventory but the manufacturing process is underway and we are very excited about this new product.

Tom R. said:
What's the expected date for first shipment?

We are not going to quote a delivery schedule until we see the product is at the freight forwarder. Australia engineering has missed the schedule a number of times and now that we are in the manufacturing process we dont want to post a date and then miss it. So, as soon as a shipment is boxed and ready to ship we will announce it here and we will open our site for orders. We will not be taking any advance orders as we want to be able to ship within days of receiving the order. We appreciate the enthusiam for this Aussie Locker model.

yikes said:
I am in on the group buy. :patriot:

same here:wstupid: :party:

Sign me up for a group buy. 1 d30 and 1 8.25!

aussielocker,
i have a question . will you be making one for the 27 spline also ? how is the theeth desine better , and is there a max tire size for this locker ?

thanks

im in

Hey, I have read a little about the different lockers out there and the considerations to take in when putting them in a daily driver (like road conditions in rain/snow/ice, etc). Obviously, no one has had them in their C8.25 but how are they on the road in the D30s? Are they any better than other lockers in that reagard?

2001XJ said:
Hey, I have read a little about the different lockers out there and the considerations to take in when putting them in a daily driver (like road conditions in rain/snow/ice, etc). Obviously, no one has had them in their C8.25 but how are they on the road in the D30s? Are they any better than other lockers in that reagard?

Functionally all auto lockers will be the same.

Back