• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Bumper repair and mods

mecompco said:
We actually discussed doing extactly that. The problem is that the stock mounts are right there, and are an integral part of the bumper. I'll take a picture of the back showing this. Basically the extended mount is right up against, and now welded to, the stock mount--the bolts will go through both the extended and the stock mounts. Also, for a side pull, the stock mount is directly behind outter angle iron for extra backing.

The back side of the extended mount is also welded to the back face of the bumper. So, 1/4" steel straight through, then another 1/2 of angle iron on each side. We used a 400 amp welder at my buddies work (railroad--every tool they have is super HD) for good penetration.

I ASSumed you had a reason for your design. Good to know!

Almost done!

The bumper is on, and what a PITA it was. Making all the bolt holes line up was extrodinarily time consuming, as was lifting and positioning the now 170 or so pound bumper. Then, running all the winch wiring was another time eater--I've lost track of how many hours we've spent on this. Anyway, here it is on the truck. I think it looks pretty good. I've still got to drill the holes in the shackle mounts and wire the marker lights.

Front_ARB_on_Jeep.jpg

Quarter_ARB_Snorkle.jpg

Just for comparison, here it was bone stock not quite three years ago:
July_4th_Bingham_Geocaching001.jpg

Back