• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone up for MOAB in april???

sidriptide said:
whats wrong with the current one?

The green Jeep picked up a wicked vibration in the front drive shaft and Tom removed it until he can get around to repairing it. Coast Guard has kept him very busy and he is in the middle of painting his house. No time for the Jeep.

Mary

Hmmm Moab in April... pretty tempting :)

Hey Mary, you know there is not going to be any drawings in Arpil, right?

rightseatsis said:
Wow, Moab in April. I'd like to try that. You wouldn't mind if some West Coast folks showed up? I just did't get enough in October. Will have to check my work schedule to see if I can do it. Maybe we will have the green Jeep lifted by then. Hope to see you in April.

Mary

DrMoab said:
There might be! If we do our IC Moab run we will have a small rafle. At least we did last year.
You know that you gotta charge Mary double for the tickets?? :D Hmmm in any case there is more incentive for me to show up now :D

Kejtar said:
You know that you gotta charge Mary double for the tickets?? :D Hmmm in any case there is more incentive for me to show up now :D
The more the better....We had a guy like that last year.....The lovable Poomba cleaned up....course be bought about a million tickets too but still he was sitting next to me and I sure got sick of hearing "um...thats my number" then a collective sigh from the rest of the crowd.

Mike,
I'll do my best to be there. Parts are piled up in the basement but after Christmas the time should free up to dedicate to the Jeep.

Trouble with Moab is with Mary now having an XJ who will tow the house trailer?

happy holidays,
Tom

Boatwrench said:
Mike,
I'll do my best to be there. Parts are piled up in the basement but after Christmas the time should free up to dedicate to the Jeep.

Trouble with Moab is with Mary now having an XJ who will tow the house trailer?

happy holidays,
Tom

buy a tent!!!!!!!!

I have been reading Chuck Well's book for a while now and have been dreaming of going to Moab for over a year. My schedule looks clear to make it the week of the 25th, now only if I can get the ride done by then. We'll see. Moab is only 810 miles for me. Can these trails be run with open diffs or do I need to lock?

MontanaXJ said:
I have been reading Chuck Well's book for a while now and have been dreaming of going to Moab for over a year. My schedule looks clear to make it the week of the 25th, now only if I can get the ride done by then. We'll see. Moab is only 810 miles for me. Can these trails be run with open diffs or do I need to lock?
What part of Montana are you in? I lived in Missoula for a year or so...My sister lives in Bozman.
You can do some of the trails lockerless but you will have much more fun with one in the rear...Go buy a lunchbox locker and have fun

MontanaXJ said:

we can DRAG you through these trails. Not that bad. YOU CAN DU IT!

DrMoab said:
What part of Montana are you in? I lived in Missoula for a year or so...My sister lives in Bozman.
You can do some of the trails lockerless but you will have much more fun with one in the rear...Go buy a lunchbox locker and have fun

I live in Great Falls, ~90 miles north of Helena and ~3 hours east of Missoula. As for lockers, I would want a selectable type, preferebly electric(if they make one for the 8.25). An ARB would be cool too. Maybe a True-Trac in the front. I still want the jeep to be perfectly streetable without the side affects of a true locker. My '99 Taco had the factory electric locker and it was awesome.

WE,, YOU,,, can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strap.. or no strap.... You can dew it.....

MontanaXJ said:
If you have the will, i'll have the D-Rings and the strap.

Myself, if I had it to do over, I'd not have the locker in the front, but sure, one in the back, even a lunchbox like I had before in the rear helps. But there's a lot of trails you can do lockerless, either by doing bypasses..or not needed at all. Many options there. And if need be, yup, we'll hook a string to ya and get ya thru. I'd like the IC to nail down the dates with the eastern folk, so we can request leave at the end of this month..Federal..we've got to ask at the first of the year, for the entire year, to figure out manpower requirements...so if you organizational types can get on that, I'd appreciate it...and besides, having a goal and a date to push for, means we might actually put a wrench to the jeep BEFORE april...just a thought :gag:
I think that's *25th* the week the 'yota's are doing their run..but, hell, tis a popular place...

MontanaXJ said:
I live in Great Falls, ~90 miles north of Helena and ~3 hours east of Missoula. As for lockers, I would want a selectable type, preferebly electric(if they make one for the 8.25). An ARB would be cool too. Maybe a True-Trac in the front. I still want the jeep to be perfectly streetable without the side affects of a true locker. My '99 Taco had the factory electric locker and it was awesome.
Thing about a lockrite is....You keep your spider gears in a box and you can change them out in about a half an hour....Real easy. I have a detroit in the rear of mine and don't really notice it except when it snows. Then it can get scary...at least untill I put it in 4wd.

poomba said:
I'd like the IC to nail down the dates with the eastern folk, so we can request leave at the end of this month..Federal..we've got to ask at the first of the year, for the entire year, to figure out manpower requirements...so if you organizational types can get on that, I'd appreciate it...and besides, having a goal and a date to push for, means we might actually put a wrench to the jeep BEFORE april...just a thought :gag:
I think that's *25th* the week the 'yota's are doing their run..but, hell, tis a popular place...
Jan8th soon enough? Lets nail it down when we meet for the holiday party.

i have people here banking on the week of the 25th.... so i really want to stick with it unless someone has a real good reason to change it.. i got my reservations at slickrock for that week already.. i run a detroit in the rear and i'm not gonna lock the front.. hope i have my winch and bumper mounted by then.. get a lunchbox locker and lets go!!!!

Back