• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone up for MOAB in april???

http://image18.webshots.com/19/2/56/91/218125691NZEpAI_ph.jpg

Maybe I should join :laugh3:

Ya I think we are kind of spoilled living with such a short drive to Heaven. April is my second favorite time of year down there, fall being the best. we have always gone down for the last 2 days of EJS and stayed the following week, everyone leaves and you have got the trails to yourself.

Last edited:
Geepfreak said:
http://image18.webshots.com/19/2/56/91/218125691NZEpAI_ph.jpg

Maybe I should join :laugh3:

Ya I think we are kind of spoilled living with such a short drive to Heaven. April is my second favorite time of year down there, fall being the best. we have always gone down for the last 2 days of EJS and stayed the following week, everyone leaves and you have got the trails to yourself.
You going to EJS this year? Not me...not ever again

DrMoab said:
You going to EJS this year? Not me...not ever again
DID YOU READ,,, THE LAST 2 DAYS, then the following week>

sorry not yelling> the caps are stuck :laugh3: :wave: :kissyou:

i thought about hitting the EJS.. then i woke up.. the only way i'd do that is if i couldnt find anyone from out here to go with me.. like last year.. they all pussed out..

What trails do you want to run?... i can lead on Chicken cornerns. Klondikes bluff, or Moab main street..ha,,,. dude, if you get out here, we will some good runs. Moab Rim, Pritchett Canyon, OH,, Highway 128, Route 121, and Kane Creek Blvd.... They ROCK!

i was thinkin Klondike bluffs, gemini bridges and metal masher, Hells revenge (a must!) rose garden hill and top of the world, Moab Rim, and Pritchett canyon... i also wanted to run out thru the La Salles and loop thru geyser and la salle passes.. sooooooooooo many trials....... soooooooo little time...

sidriptide said:
thanks! you guys in the IC are ok.. i dont care what the WCGIC says about you.. :wave:

NO, we rock! :laugh3:

Anything for anyone...........We"ll show you the REAL Potatoe Salad Hill. :pig:

Wow, Moab in April. I'd like to try that. You wouldn't mind if some West Coast folks showed up? I just did't get enough in October. Will have to check my work schedule to see if I can do it. Maybe we will have the green Jeep lifted by then. Hope to see you in April.

Mary

rightseatsis said:
Wow, Moab in April. I'd like to try that. You wouldn't mind if some West Coast folks showed up? I just did't get enough in October. Will have to check my work schedule to see if I can do it. Maybe we will have the green Jeep lifted by then. Hope to see you in April.

Mary

hey mary.. come on out.. and bring tom too!!

i'm staying at slickrock CG again.. they didnt call me back friday.. are they on limited hours because of the off-season??

We will discuss it over Thanksgiving dinner to see if it is possible. I know I have the beginning of that week off so far, but I want to see if Tom can come. I would really like to do the Gemini Bridges trail again and the Shafer Trail. I missed a bunch of caches that were on these trails.

As for the green Jeep we have most of the parts for the lift we just need a front drive shaft and most importantly, time to do it. Maybe a deadline like this will get us motivated. Hope to see you at Slickrock. You might try sending them an e-mail to check on reservations.

Mary

sidriptide said:
i was thinkin Klondike bluffs, gemini bridges and metal masher, Hells revenge (a must!) rose garden hill and top of the world, Moab Rim, and Pritchett canyon... i also wanted to run out thru the La Salles and loop thru geyser and la salle passes.. sooooooooooo many trials....... soooooooo little time...
If you come in April you can forget about the passes though the LaSals. Still be ten feet of snow up there then.

DrMoab said:
If you come in April you can forget about the passes though the LaSals. Still be ten feet of snow up there then.

No way,,, maybe 8 :laugh3:
2 years ago we were able to go up over the loop, early april, took awhile but made it.

DrMoab said:

i seemed to overlook that somehow.. i will be snow-wheelin for the next 5 months here at home.. AM NOT driving that far to do it some more... shafer trail up to deadhorse point and down long canyon would be a good easy day.. maybe a 1st day run to take in some sights and stuff.....

Mike in NJ said:
Mike:

Considering that I know you, your rig, and what you are capable of doing - as well as the fact you were with us out there in 2003 - you will be fine on HR, PSM, and Gold Bar, among others. It's not like you haven't been on any Moab trails before, so you are already used to the trail marks anyway. I think it's a great that you're trying to coordinate something with the locals, and Doc's suggestion of hooking up with some IC guys is a great plan. But, even if something comes up that keeps them from meeting up with you, you shouldn't hesitate to head out anyway with your group.

Actually, having a few of you together on the cross-country ride may be more important than making sure you have the locals available once you get there. Doc's also right about early to mid-May - a very good time to be in the area. Don't sweat the guide thing - just assume you folks will be able to hook up with somebody. End quote

DrMoab and Mike have it exactly right. And yep, its likely we'll be there in April, but if not, do what I did..hang out in the parking lot of City Market, talk to the folks who have their head on straight, and have fun. But if we're there the same weekend, that would be great :).

sidriptide said:
thanks! you guys in the IC are ok.. i dont care what the WCGIC says about you.. :wave:

Everything they said about us is true..and we worked hard for the rep :laugh3:

poomba said:
DrMoab and Mike have it exactly right. And yep, its likely we'll be there in April, but if not, do what I did..hang out in the parking lot of City Market, talk to the folks who have their head on straight, and have fun. But if we're there the same weekend, that would be great :).
Or you could be like Poomba and spend your whole trip sitting in the Parking lot of the 4X4 shop. This is his very favorite thing to do you see. He seems to think that wheeling his jeep isn't nearly as much fun as watching it being worked on on a lift. :laugh3: :wave:

Back