• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Springfield IL area???

Hey everybody, I just got a 98 classic from a guy,swapped labor for the jeep. This is my first Cherokee and I like it so far. I'm going to use it for a coon hunting rig, so I've got a few things i'd like to do to it. I already had a 3" lift put on it and i took the carpet out of the cargo area and herculined the "bed" and under the back seats so my dogs don't slide all over the place.

I'd like to meet some of you guys some time and pick your brains about these jeeps. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but I want to learn the ins and outs.

I live in Collinsville, about 15 miles east of St.Louis.
Take care, Hoss

Well lets throw out some dates and what would be best for you guys? Any particular day, im sure probably a weekend...like a sunday perhaps?

Hey Hoss, you ought to consider pulling the remaining carpet and herculining the entire floor pan. That's what I did after repairing a nasty cancer over the cat and muffler and I've been very happy with it. I think that was three years ago.
It'll make cleaning up the floor after you've chased your dogs through the woods at night a whole lot easier.

Hey What Rd, I thought about that when I had the back seats out but got nervous when I saw all the wiring under the carpet and didn't want to screw up any elec. wires. I'm not a "mechanic" so if I break it, it gets expensive for me.

If you guys get a date and place figured out, I'd like to meet some of you, get advice, ask questions, look at rigs. I'd be willing to drive a couple hours to get there.

take care, Hoss

I'm in the Peoria area, and haven't had a chance to meet anyone in the MWC. If something gets going i'd love to come, if not, i'm trying to get my rig finished for Carnagefest and meet everyone there.

so.....wheres carnagefest at.... that sounds really exciting

so WOODY431 im just gonna through out a date and say how does August 12/13 sound ??? PM about what you think

would August 12 and/or 13 be any problem for anyone, is it to soon to schedule ?

thanks, jeep_87_cherokee

The weekend of Aug 12 is the TRJC Blast. I'd think we'd want to go with a different weekend so as not to be competing with 150 Jeeps in the area. (Plus I'd get an extra weekend of wheeling that way!!!)

Hoss in IL said:
Hey What Rd, I thought about that when I had the back seats out but got nervous when I saw all the wiring under the carpet and didn't want to screw up any elec. wires.
I just suspended mine above the floor by hanging them from the headliner trim and Herc'd under 'em.

I've lost track. Are we talking wheeling and cooking or just cooking? And where? Aug 20 might just work for me.

i'm up for both, got the XJ done this weekend, so i'm ready to go. I also found out this weekend, my mother-in-law is getting married the weekend of Carnagefest, :hang: , so i wont be able to get out there. :bawl:

Back