• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Springfield IL area???

I think as of right now its just a cookout. Im hosting this fiasco, Im in Virden which is like 20 minutes south of Springfield, straight down Rt. 4. Really easy to find my place, right off the main drag. Get together and talk Jeeps and hopefully you guys drive your XJs down cuz I want to see them for sure. So Sunday Aug. 20th? If this goes over well we can organize a wheeling trip after I get my junk done..

Hey Woody, I would really like to get together with you guys! I go back to teaching on Aug 21, so the 20th would be great for me. I've got a ton of questions that I have searched around here for info on but nothing beats a face to face talk with people that know what they are doing. Looking forward to it. What should I bring?
take care, Hoss

Anything really. We have a few grills to fire up here. So if you want to bring beverages, or chips or even meat, its not a problem. Whats everyone want to eat? How do burgers and some grilled mushrooms peppers and onions sound...maybe some beer battered brats? We'll probably just try to get everyone thats coming to bring a little something. We'll need a few things of meat, hot dogs/brats, chips, soda/beer (whatever you want to drink), hamb and hot dog buns..Any ideas for anything else is fine by me

Hey hey.... sounds like we got something going now! The 20th works great for me too. The 11th-13th I'll be in hannibal MO at hannibal rocks shooting pics of the W.E. Rock competition and the 26th-27th is Carnagefest..... which reminds me I've got a ton of things to finish up

yup i'll be there, ne time is fine with me just as long as i get to see extreme 4x4 on the spike chanel that morning. just give me a time to be there marc and what to bring.

Woody, I'll be there. I need directions though. This may be a dumb question but, you guys are driving your XJs right :wierd: ? Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Take care, Hoss

I'm still planning on it (whether I've worked out the issues with my Jeep by then or not). When, where, what, etc.?

To get to my house..

Well, it'd probably be easier to Mapquest it to find Virden, because I am terrible at giving directions. Its right on Route 4 though. Once you get into town, there is a Family Dollar at the south end of town, my road is Loud St, its the first right past family dollar. Down 2 blocks big house on the left hand side, should see my ZJ there.

For what to bring, id say..any kind of dish, chips, soda, anything to snack on. Ill get burgers, hotdogs, buns, etc.

THrow out some times..

Hoss in IL said:
Woody, I'll be there. I need directions though. This may be a dumb question but, you guys are driving your XJs right :wierd: ? Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Take care, Hoss

nope, not me yet, i'll bring the death-trap CJ7. the Xj getting a long arm treatment and a turdy polish job.........

cya there, jeep_87_cherokee

woody431 said:
Its right on Route 4 though. Once you get into town, there is a Family Dollar at the south end of town, my road is Loud St, its the first right past family dollar. Down 2 blocks big house on the left hand side, should see my ZJ there.

By turning right after you pass Family Dollar, is that coming from the south or north end of town. Not sure if its East or West of the Family Dollar

Back